Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Remembering Dad On Father's Day
6/18/2015 4:04:06 PM
Hello My Friends,

This Sunday, June 21st, we celebrate yet another Father's Day. A day when we spend time with our Fathers who are still with us here on Earth and a day spent in fond memories of those Fathers who have already crossed over and who are now with our Father in Heaven. Although it's been more than 20 years since my Dad went home to join my Mother in Heaven, the memories of his Smiling face, his reassuring words of Advice and Comfort, and most of all, his love of living life to the fullest, are still as fresh in my mind as they were when he first Crossed Over.

There's are little Poem by Erma Bombeck that always makes me smile when I think of my Dad, and I'd like to share it with you today.

When God Created Fathers

When the good Lord was creating fathers, He started with a tall frame.
A female angel nearby said, "What kind of father is that? If you're going to make children so close to the ground, why have you put fathers up so high? He won't be able to shoot marbles without kneeling, tuck a child in bed without bending or even kiss a child without a lot of stooping."
...And God smiled and said, "Yes, but if I make him child-size, who would children have to look up to?"

And when God made a father's hands, they were large and sinewy.
The angel shook her head sadly and said, "Do you know what you're doing? Large hands are clumsy. They can't manage diaper pins, small buttons, rubber bands on ponytails or even remove splinters caused by baseball bats."
And God smiled and said, "I know, but they're large enough to hold everything a small boy empties from pockets at the end of a day, yet small enough to cup a child's face."

And then God molded long, slim legs and broad shoulders.
The angel nearly had a heart attack. "Boy, this is the end of the week, all right." she clucked. "Do you realize you just made a father without a lap? How is he going to pull a child close to him with the kid falling between his legs?"
And God smiled and said, " A mother needs a lap. A father needs strong shoulders to pull a sled, balance a boy on a bicycle or hold a sleepy head on the way home from the circus."

God was in the middle of creating two of the largest feet anyone had ever seen when the angel could contain herself no longer. "That's not fair. Do you honestly think those large boats are going to dig out of bed early in the morning when the baby cries? Or walk through a small birthday party without crushing at least three of the guests?"
And God smiled and said, "They'll work. You'll see. They'll support a small child who wants to ride a horse to Banbury Cross or scare off mice at the summer cabin or display shoes that will be a challenge to fill."

God worked throughout the night, giving the father few words but a firm, authoritative voice and eyes that saw everything but remained calm and tolerant.
Finally, almost as an afterthought, He added tears. Then He turned to the angel and said, "Now, are you satisfied that he can love as much as a mother?"

The angel shutteth up.

Author: Erma Bombeck

As I've mentioned to several of you before, on the day that my Father was laid to rest out at Guilford Memorial Cemetary, as I was leaving the driveway to return home, the following song came over the radio station to which I was listening. It has had a Special Meaning to me ever since, and I often play it on Father's Day and Dad's Birthday. I hope you enjoy it as well.

Daddy's Hands
by Holly Dunn

Wishing You All A Happy Father's Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+2
RE: Remembering Dad On Father's Day
6/18/2015 4:41:48 PM
I miss my stepfather, he passed 18 years ago. My paternal father lives in Ohio. I admire my husband for he supports his children, no matter what. In addition to remembering one's Dad, am also remembering brothers, uncles, male cousins and friends, who have crossed over.
+1
Barry Summers

257 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/18/2015 6:51:56 PM
 Absolutetly beautiful Phil,I lost my dad and mom 10 years ago,and miss them everyday. Happy Fathers Day Phil.
Work at home with a company that is ranked #1 on the net,there is absolutely nothing like us anywhere. Join us for free.Get free training, video classrooms,24/7/365 support & training from the actual company owners, who are very involved (upgrade only if and when you wish)that will be the one and only upsell...ever, you can remain a free member for as long as you wish. 100000+ members there to help always. You won't be sorry! Please Check us out today. http://wealthyaffiliate.com?a_aid=a4aa2ec0
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2015 2:35:51 AM
Hi Jan & Barry,

Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks for sharing your memories with us here at the forum. Regardless of how long it's been since our Parents have passed, their memories are with us in our hearts forever. In honor of both of our Dads and Moms on this Father's Day, here's a little Poem that I thought you might like.

Smiles

Though your smiles are gone forever,
And your hands we cannot touch
Still we have so many memories
Of you both that we loved so much.
Your memories are our keepsake
With which we will never part
Now God has you in His keeping
But we have you in our hearts.

It is sad to walk the road alone,
Instead of side by side
But to all there comes that moment
When the ways of life divide.
You gave us years of happiness
Then came sorrow and tears,
But you left us beautiful memories,
We will treasure through the years.

Have A Wonderful Father's Day My Friends,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Barry Summers

257 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/19/2015 11:00:11 PM
 Have a Great weekend Phil.Are you cooking up another great dish?
Work at home with a company that is ranked #1 on the net,there is absolutely nothing like us anywhere. Join us for free.Get free training, video classrooms,24/7/365 support & training from the actual company owners, who are very involved (upgrade only if and when you wish)that will be the one and only upsell...ever, you can remain a free member for as long as you wish. 100000+ members there to help always. You won't be sorry! Please Check us out today. http://wealthyaffiliate.com?a_aid=a4aa2ec0
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!