Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: On Monday, May 25th, We Once More Honor Those Who've Given Their All
5/21/2015 11:47:35 PM
Our stories of our Dad are similiar. Died also passed from Cancer , in 1995.
Yes, Miss him but know He and my Mom are with our Lord now too.
Thanks for all the messages and posts. They are great, good job.
Janie Mertz. TN

Want to travel the world and make money too? Check out this new travel home biz. Low cost, make up to 2050. per month without sponsoring people. Of course if you do you make money faster so you can travel more. Make your living by really learning to LIVE. http://www.discoverptp.com/aladytraveler/?source=ADLD
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2015 5:03:23 PM
Hi Janie,

I'm glad that you stopped back by and that you shared your Dad's story. It's hard for us to imagine what it must have been like for those Brave young men on D-Day in Normandy.

My Mom crossed over back in 1989 and then Dad developed Cancer in 2002 and passed away in 1994. I feel Blessed that I had him around for 5 more years after Mother passed, because we became much closer over those year and also, I was able to sing a couple of songs at his Wedding when he remarried in 1990 and then again at his Funeral in 1994.

I have always liked to share this Prayer on Memorial Day...

In the quiet stillness of our own hearts,
may we each of us call on our One Lord, whose power over us
is great and gentle, firm and forgiving, holy and healing ...

Lord, You created us,
You sustain us,
and You call upon us to live in peace,
we ask that You hear our prayer this day.

Hear our prayer for all who have died,
whose hearts and hopes are known to You alone ...

Hear our prayer for those who put the welfare of others ahead of their own and give us hearts as generous as theirs ...

Hear our prayer for those who gave their lives in the service of others,
and accept the gift of their sacrifice ...

Help us to shape and make a world
where we will lay down the arms of war
and turn our swords into ploughshares
for a harvest of justice and peace ...

Comfort those who grieve the loss of their loved ones
and let Your healing be the hope in our hearts...

Hear our prayer this day
and in Your mercy answer us
in the name of all that is holy.

Amen.

May, the peace of God be with us all.

Hope that you all enjoy this Memorial Day Tribute:

May God Bless & Keep You Safe & Happy This Memorial Day,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2015 11:11:49 PM
Hi Jamie and Phil,

I had an uncle that went in on the Normandy shores too. My aunt could never watch the video's from any thing on Normandy, she was always afraid of seeing him in action, and she just couldn't handle that. My Uncle died of cancer. Sometime in the 80's.
So we all have a loved one who served our country well.

Many blessings to you,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/24/2015 3:37:52 AM
Hi Myrna,

Thanks for stopping back by and thanks for the information about your Uncle's service at Normandy. I have always admired all of the Heroes who fought for our freedom in all Wars, but to be honest with you, I have always kept a special place in my heart for those who served in WWII and especially those who fought at D-Day and on Iwo Jima, where my Uncle fought.

Those of us who have been here at Adland for a number of years remember our friend Jill Bachman's special Holiday pages. I especially remember her Memorial Day pages, particularly the recitations by Mr. John Wayne, a man whose public and private life embodied patriotism and devotion to America's founding principles. As we mark this Memorial Day, 2015, may we remember Jill with this video by "The Duke" entitled "Why Are You Marching Son?".

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Memorial Day My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!