Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ashley Maynard

697 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Writing – Skill, Not Talent
5/10/2015 11:48:35 PM
Hey there,

I have been searching for a platform to get my message out there and I think I found it. My solution was right in front of my nose all the time. They say some people cannot see the forest for the trees and I agree with that statement. The written word for what it is worth is a powerful tool. For 10 years I have been promoting affiliate products and services by every means I knew about and with minimal results. The writing skills I required to produce effective content were not the best. So I purchased a book of techniques to improve my writing skills. After going through the book I quickly realized I needed a lot of help.

I have been out of school for so long that I felt like a dinosaur. What I thought I knew was not enough to be an effective content writer. My basic skills were still there but barely and, they cried out for improvement. Writing is a skill, like golf. Some persons are naturally good at it, most are not, but all can improve with practice, especially if guided by proper instruction.

Unless you’re aiming for the Nobel Prize, you shouldn’t be concerned about your writing talent. Writing good article content is a craft, not an art. It requires skill, not talent and you can learn skills.

You improve your writing skills the same way you improve your golf skills-practice and instruction. And you learn to write the way you learn to swim-you have to jump in and do it yourself. No amount of instruction will help if you don’t get in and splash around.
A technique that has worked for many: write something every day. Even if you don’t let anyone else read it, write a little something. You’ll get in the habit of judging it yourself, seeing where you might have written things better. With a little practice every day, can get better at almost anything.

If you can’t find the instructions you need to improve your writing skills, look no further. You will find the next best thing to a teacher is right smack in your face. What is it you ask? Well it’s right in front of you, your computer. Microsoft Word is on your computer with the best free learning tools available. It contains a dictionary-look up, spelling-check, and correct grammar usages tool.

• Get Paid To Write Articles & Stories Thousands of topics to write about! You get paid for every article you write!
  • Help Improve Books & Movie Scripts Give your suggestions and input and get paid $$$! Turn your spare time into real money!
  • Get Cash For Writing Blog Posts Create simple blog posts or comment on blogs! Get paid cash for writing blog posts!

About the Author:
Ashley Maynard reviewed the Real Writing Jobs and recommends this affiliate marketing program as surefire way to generate income on a zero budget. This is the easiest way to make commissions without spending your money.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!