Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Happy Easter - Let's Celebrate With Friends, Fun, & Good Food
3/29/2015 8:02:00 PM

Hello My Friends,

Today is Palm Sunday. On this Sunday, Christians all over the world carry palms and other branches in celebration of the day that our Lord Jesus entered Jerusalem before he was crucified and then resurrected. Today also is the start of Holy Week. Hope that you all will join me in the Celebration

Have A Terrific Week My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Happy Easter - Let's Celebrate With Friends, Fun, & Good Food
3/30/2015 1:30:42 AM
Hi Phil, just thought I would drop by and bring along a friend.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2015 2:06:41 AM

Hi Myrna,

Love your Easter Bunny. Here's a couple that I thought that you might like.

Have A Great Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/31/2015 7:35:46 PM

Hello Friends,

Well, it's less than a week until Easter Sunday and I usually have already picked out my Ham for Easter dinner by this time, however, as I've mentioned before, I'm trying to go a lot lighter on the Sodium right now. Since my Ham has around 730 mg of Sodium per two-slice serving and the same two slices of Lamb have only around 128 mg of Sodium, this year, I think we'll try this incredibly easy, delicious slow cooker boneless leg of lamb with mint glaze.

Lamb intimidates many people, especially those who didn’t grow up eating it and therefore, never learned how to cook it. They just do not realize that the simplest solution is located right under their kitchen counters in their slow cooker.

It takes all of about 15 minutes to make this simple glaze, then you just smear it on the meat, and plop it into the slow cooker and then within 7 to 9 hours later, you'll be rewarded with some juicy, flavorful, tender lamb. Enough to serve 6 to 8 of my family of hearty eaters.

Slow Cooker Boneless Leg Of Lamb With Mint

Ingredients

• 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into rings
  • 4 to 5 pound boneless leg of lamb
  • ⅓ cup prepared mint jelly
  • 12 fresh mint leaves, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

1. Suggested Slow Cooker Size: 6-quart
  2. Spray your slow cooker with oil or nonstick spray.
  3. Separate the onion rings and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
  4. Place your boneless leg of lamb on top of the onion rings.
  5. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the mint jelly, fresh mint, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
  6. Smear the mint mixture on all sides of the meat.
  7. Cover, and cook on low for 7 hours, or until the lamb is fully cooked and begins to relax and lose it’s shape. (Mine is usually done in about 6.5 hours)
  8. To thicken the gravy, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water until smooth and then whisk the mixture into the hot juices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.

Have A Blessed Week My Friends,

Phil

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/1/2015 2:32:06 AM
Hi Phil,
Pickled eggs in area(PA) is a must for Easter dinner

Ingredients

This is not my recipe because I just dump them together, but I never would use that much sugar. Maybe half of it. It is how each one likes them. Some like a lot more sour then others. Make sure to use vinegar with the mother.

Directions
  1. Drain beets, reserving 1 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). Place beets and eggs in a 2-qt. glass jar.
  2. In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water, vinegar and reserved beet juice to a boil. Pour over beets and eggs; cool.
  3. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
  4. Better if made 3 days ahead.Much more favor and color.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!