Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Barry Summers

257 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
5/28/2015 7:58:57 PM
 Hi Phil,wish I was visiting you for supper,lol. Looks great!
Work at home with a company that is ranked #1 on the net,there is absolutely nothing like us anywhere. Join us for free.Get free training, video classrooms,24/7/365 support & training from the actual company owners, who are very involved (upgrade only if and when you wish)that will be the one and only upsell...ever, you can remain a free member for as long as you wish. 100000+ members there to help always. You won't be sorry! Please Check us out today. http://wealthyaffiliate.com?a_aid=a4aa2ec0
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/28/2015 8:35:44 PM
Hi Barry,

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the Comments. Anytime you're in the Piedmont of N.C. you're more than Welcome. I love to cook. It's not but about 8-10 hours and around $400 to the Greensboro-High Point Airport.

I been blessed to visit friends in Canada numerous times in the past, back before my Health went South, so to speak, but they're mostly around Toronto and Quebec. Also, I fell in love with Vancouver, B.C. when we went up for an Insurance Convention years back. I had planned on coming up again for the Olympics, but my health got in the way back then.

Anyway, thanks again for stopping by to visit. You're always Welcome.

Have A Wonderful Evening,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Barry Summers

257 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/28/2015 11:47:47 PM
 Hey Phil anytime,you sure sound like a great cook.Wishing you all the best, Barry
Work at home with a company that is ranked #1 on the net,there is absolutely nothing like us anywhere. Join us for free.Get free training, video classrooms,24/7/365 support & training from the actual company owners, who are very involved (upgrade only if and when you wish)that will be the one and only upsell...ever, you can remain a free member for as long as you wish. 100000+ members there to help always. You won't be sorry! Please Check us out today. http://wealthyaffiliate.com?a_aid=a4aa2ec0
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/29/2015 2:58:12 AM
Hi Friends,

Here's a couple of side dishes that always go well with seafood dishes. You might like to give them a try since they're both low sodium and healthier. First, we have a simple and delicious way to create a carrot side-dish.

Parmesan Crusted Baby Carrots

Ingredients

1 Pound Carrots, Chopped
2 Teaspoons Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese

Preparation

Place carrots into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.

Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in carrots; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.

Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Wait 30 seconds before stirring in carrots. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes. Serves 6.

Simply by adding pesto to boiled potatoes and then mashing, let's us add a delicious alternative to the usual mashed potatoes. You can also try adding different kinds of pesto or even sun-dried tomatoes and top with a little grated cheese and black pepper.

Pesto Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients

4 Medium Potatoes, Peeled and Cubed
1 Tbs Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Milk, Or As Needed
1 Tbs Basil Pesto

Preparation

Place the potatoes into a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender; about 10 minutes. Drain, and mash with butter and milk to your desired consistency. Mix in pesto, and serve. Serves 4.

Hope you'll give these two a try the next time you're having a healthy Seafood Dinner.

Have A Wonderful Evening,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/29/2015 4:14:29 PM
Hello Friends,

If you're looking for something new to make on the grill, you're going to love this! All of the lemony, garlicky flavors that you love in a scampi, but lighter because there's no butter and just a touch of olive oil, so they're still healthy. After I grill them, I squeeze more lemon over them and top them with a little fresh grated parmesan cheese.

I put lemon slices in between the shrimp for presentation, but it's totally optional. If you plan on doing this, it's best to double up on the skewers so the lemon and shrimp doesn't rotate around the stick when you're grilling. Hope you enjoy!

Grilled Shrimp Scampi Skewers

Ingredients:

• 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 large lemons, halved
  • 3 cloves crushed garlic
  • 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 32 peeled and deveined large shrimp (1 lb)
  • 3 large lemons sliced into 24 very thin rounds (optional)
  • 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 1 hour
  • cooking spray
  • 1 tbsp fresh shredded parmesan
Directions:

In a large bowl combine the olive oil, juice from 1 1/2 lemons, parsley, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir then add shrimp, tossing to coat. Marinate for 20 to 25 minutes.

Preheat a gas grill over high heat. Beginning and ending with shrimp, thread the shrimp and folded lemon slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total.

Clean and oil the grill grate well to prevent the skewers from sticking. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are opaque. Set aside on a platter, squeeze remaining 1/2 lemon over the shrimp and finish with parmesan cheese.

Servings: 4 • Size: 2 skewers • Calories: 164; Fat: 6 g ; Protein: 24 g ; Carb: 3.5 g ; Fiber: 0 g ; Sugar: 0 g; Sodium: 196 mg ; Choles: 173 mg.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!