Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
2/27/2015 2:29:13 AM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for the wonderful dessert. I'm a big fan of coconut as well.

Thanks For Sharing My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/27/2015 4:36:54 AM
hi phil !!!!
i have to eat healthier now. got BAD case of flu, followed by pneumonia and that led to congestive heart failure. my heart is pumping at only25%

do you have recipes for LOW SODIUM. i have changed my diet dramatically. am limited to 2000 mgs sodium i guess rest of my life.

i am so glad to see you back. i hope you are well

hugs, pat
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/27/2015 2:41:15 PM

Hi Pat,

It's great to see you as well. Sorry to hear about your health problems. As you know, I had a bout with Congestive Heart Failure back in August of 2008. However, as I can attest, it does improve with the proper diet and lifestyle changes. When I saw my Cardiologist back in September of 2014, he gave me good news & bad news. He said I had the heart of a 19year old, however, it was still in the body of a 67 year old. It's a shame that I can't seem to deal with my emotional & mental difficulties that easily, but I'm working on it.

Anyway, I also have to watch my Sodium as well. There's a great source of low sodium recipes at the Mayo Clinic site, each with no more than 140 mg of sodium per serving. Sticking to the Fish theme, here's one of favorites...

Mediterranean-style Grilled Salmon

Instead of the usual breaded and fried fish, this fish is grilled, Mediterranean style. You may also substitute swordfish, halibut, sea bass or any other whitefish, and the calorie values are similar. Recipe serves 4 and each serving contain only 105 mg of sodium.

Ingredients

1. 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
  2. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  3. 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  4. 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  5. 4 salmon fillets, each 5 ounces
  6. Cracked black pepper, to taste
  7. 4 green olives, chopped
  8. 4 thin slices lemon

Preparation

Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source. In a small bowl, combine the basil, parsley, minced garlic and lemon juice. Spray the fish with cooking spray. Sprinkle with black pepper. Top each fillet with equal amounts of the basil-garlic mixture. Place the fish herb-side down on the grill. Grill over high heat. When the edges turn white, after about 3 to 4 minutes, turn the fish over and place on aluminum foil. Move the fish to a cooler part of the grill or reduce the heat. Grill until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the fish reads 145 F (about 4 minutes longer). Remove the salmon and place on warmed plates. Garnish with green olives and lemon slices

Hope this helps Pat, and rest assured that you will be in my Prayers.

Have A Beautiful Weekend My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/27/2015 3:31:06 PM
Hi Phil,

I am so glad to hear about your heart, sorry about the 67 part, but it happens to the best and worst of us. lol

Another good dessert
Have you have ever been to Disney World and had a Dole Whip?
Now you can make your own at home!
DOLE WHIP

2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE crushed pineapple
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. lime juice
1/3 cup sugar ( i Used Stevia)
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream

How to make it
Drain pineapple: reserve 2 tbsp. juice.
Set aside.
Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender.
Cover and blend until smooth.
Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags.
Store bags flat in freezer.
Freeze 1 1/2 hours or until slushy.
Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended in large bowl. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour and serve.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/27/2015 7:08:01 PM

Hey Myrna,

Thanks for the yummy dessert. Yea, getting older's not too bad, especially when you consider the alternative.

Have A Happy Weekend,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!