Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Leadership Skills
2/20/2015 6:16:29 PM
Leadership Quote by Jim Rohn

When it comes to leadership I think we can all agree that it really isnt the style of leadership that makes the impression its the effectiveness of that leadership that will make or break a business or even a country.

I figured that we talk a lot about leadership, that I would borrow this from 123Print

4 Questions to Test your Leadership Skills

Ask anyone what it means to be a leader and you'll get a different answer every time. If you're wondering if you have what it takes, ask yourself these four questions:

1. Are my thoughts my own? Do you tend to just go with the flow so you can get on with your meeting and head to lunch Or are you the person who doesn't mind objection, even if it means you're standing alone? Being able to demonstrate thought leadership is exactly what it takes to make a business grow and try new things.

2. How well do I communicate with others? Consider how you interact with people in your office and your clients. Good communication is the foundation of leadership, and without it, people might not know what direction to go in or how to complete tasks.

3. Am I a negative Nancy? People are typically optimistic, pessimistic or somewhere in between, but it's the ones who are upbeat that make the best bosses. sense of humor and positive energy are necessary to navigate challenging times in the workplace.

4. Can I put myself in someone else's shoes? It's a big deal to understand how someone else is feeling or what they are experiencing. It's called empathy, and it's a gateway to trust and support.

What are some of your top qualities of a great leader?

Here is an image...food for thought if you will ~

+3
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Leadership Skills
11/17/2015 7:19:01 PM
Emma Lazarus’ Famous Poem

A poem by Emma Lazarus is graven on a tablet within the pedestal on which the statue stands. THE STATUE OF LIBERTY.

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!