Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Do you need a free HTML Editor?
8/7/2014 7:09:08 AM
Do you need a free HTML Editor?

Some people might be shaking their heads as to why I would think of sharing a free HTML editor with you, well the reason is very simple, I found that I needed one!

This week my hunt has been for a free html editor to replace KompoZer, which I am sad to say has not been updated in some time and has become quite buggy!

I'm pretty sure that at least some of you might be asking what is KompoZer and why would you need an html editor.

Well Kompozer is a WYSIYG HTML editor that I have been using for some years now and at one time was considered the best editor alternative to dreamweaver.

kompozer.jpg

It was an awesome tool that I could use offline to create drafts for things such as blog posts, write letters, create pages and even create cool things like forum signatures which I could keep files on.

Unfortunately it was never updated and even though the concept was and still is there, it has been creating more problems than could be fixed.

I know that many people will use such tools as MS Word or Google documents because the have a pretty nifty editors, but there are issues with each of them that has caused frustration. On Google Docs you can't see the source code and on MS because of how it is made, it is not easy to copy and paste onto other mediums.

After installing and uninstalling different editors which had to have a certain criteria, one of them being free..(then cleaning my hard drive -it's a dirty job but someone has to do it lol) I have finally found an editor that is looking very very good.

In fact the post that you are reading was created on this tool and I will say that I like it

Oh you need the name of the tool..lol, well the image below will give you a clue..

trellian-webpage-html-editor-free.JPG

Trellian has been around for many years 1997 to be exact and while there has been talk in the past about some email issues, I can't say yes or no to that.

Until something better comes along or if you know something better than Trellium, I will be continuing to use this tool.

If you are interested in this tool for yourself, here is the site to go to

Trellian WebPage

P.S. For those of you who have websites that need editing I also found this tool called Backnode and it is also free!

"A new editing tool Backnode helps you to edit the images and texts of your website in a simple and efficient way. You do not need to learn to code, you just have to open Backnode and you're done !"

Let me know how it is going for you..lets compare notes!

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!