Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Fun, beauty on display in Nat Geo contest
5/31/2014 12:56:28 AM
Fun, beauty on display in Nat Geo contest

A look at some of the amazing images submitted for National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest

Photo and caption by Jessu Paul / National Geographic Traveler Photo ContestMay 29, 2014 2:00 PM

Photo and caption by Jessu Paul / National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest --- This shot was taken just after her 'arangetram' - her first ever public show, at the Guruvayur temple, India. Wanted to capture the colourful makeup, ornaments, silk saree and the kid's expression. --- Location: Guruvayur, Kerala, India

The 26th annual National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest is acceptingsubmissions. Official categories include: Travel Portraits; Outdoor Scenes; Sense of Place; and Spontaneous Moments.
The contest is accepting entries until June 30. The grand prize winner will receive a National Geographic Expedition to Alaska.
Here's a look at some of the amazing submissions so far!

Find more news related pictures in our photo galleries and follow us on Tumblr.

The mag's annual traveler photo competition is open, and some of the early submissions are stunning.
See more, enter yours

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Fun, beauty on display in Nat Geo contest
5/31/2014 12:57:33 AM

Some of the amazing images submitted for National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest

Prodigy in the making Photo and caption by Jessu Paul / National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest --- This shot was taken just after her 'arangetram' - her first ever public show, at the Guruvayur temple, India. Wanted to capture the colourful makeup, ornaments, silk saree and the kid's expression. --- Location: Guruvayur, Kerala, India

The unconscious Photo and caption by Chris Schmid / National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest --- Young cub baboon jumping around captured in Moremi, Okavango Delta, Botswana. --- Location: Moremi, Okavango Delta, Botswana

Highlander Face Photo and caption by Wylda Bayron / National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest --- Beautiful head dress and face paint of the Highlands of Papua New Guinea. --- Location: Papua New Guinea

On cloud nine Photo and caption by Robert Sommer / National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest --- On my trip to the small island Heligoland in the north sea, i was able to take a few pictures of these fantastic northern gannets. --- Location: Heligoland, Germany

Painted Ladies Photo and caption by Daniel Kudish / National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest --- Young women dress up and have their faces painted to celebrate the dead. Dia de los Muertos is an incredible celebration of life, and a beautiful way to remember those who have passed. --- Location: Oaxaca, Mexico

Piper, Saint Patricks Day, County Mayo Ireland Photo and caption by Glen McClure / National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest --- Clew Bay Pipe Band Piper playing at the Achill Island, Ireland Saint Patrick's Day Parade. --- Location: Achill Island,County Mayo Ireland

Stylish llama Photo and caption by Esther Buttery / National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest --- At 14,000ft in icy winds this llama was completely at home. It was a different world for me. I'd like to think that we shared a moment. --- Location: Laguna Colorado, Bolivia

Kids in Holiday Photo and caption by Hesham Alhumaid / National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest --- "in south of Ethiopia i find Karo Tribe in Omo Valley.. alots of children playing together !! making foots together someone set in the center !!" --- Location: Karo Tribe - Omo Valley â Ethiopia

Seal Loungeroom Photo and caption by Ryan Essex / National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest --- Seal Loungeroom, taken on Isabella, Galapagos. --- Location: Isabella, Galapagos

View full Gallery

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!