Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Music Talent Showcase
7/6/2014 11:02:04 PM
10_1_136.gifHello all,

Well, I'm still pushing for the showcase in mid October, and I'm still striking out. I am also still trying to design my own logo and banner. I have gotten a lot of help with this on the wall, but have not had any luck finding a site that will do me any good. mspublic.gifThis is the best that I could come up with so far. It is suppose to read 'M&S Public Relations' (on the first line) and music promotions and more on the second line. I will still try, but I doubt that I'm going to do much better.
When we began this business, it was my intention to help Shirley with her music career, however that never happened. She has two songs that have been published but never released and then about four years into our venture I happened to hear a song on the radio that was written by Shirley. I got the name of the woman who sang the song and emailed her. She never returned my emails and finally did saying that it was her song. I went through all of the poetry that Shirley had written and found the song in question that was also displayed on poetry.com with Shirley's name as author. Basically, we never had the money to pursue the matter. This would mean that Shirley has had three songs published, (One without permission) and nothing to show for it. I know that there are not many people in here from the Indiana area, but if there are, and you know of anyone that plays the keyboard that would be willing to help Shirley revive some of the songs that she wrote, I would appreciate it very much. I am going to post a poem here that Shirley wrote that will give you an idea of what she can do.
Shadows
by Shirley Ruth Caron
God created such a beautiful world
The bright colors and aromatic splendor of colors
the cheerful singing of the birds and the
fluttering of their wings while in flight
The mountains which stand tall-overlooking the wondrous earth below

The Oceans, Rivers, and Streams with the sound
of rippling water and the force of the high, majestic waves
The beautiful, clear blue sky, with Sunlight that brightens our days
The sound of the rain, beaten against my window pain
The rain that helps our flowers to grow and the
crops which prosper to feed the hungry
The dark sky of the night which is filled with
stars the sparkle like diamonds
The trees with their branches swaying to and fro
and tops reaching up to Heaven above

The churches where people go to congregate and worship the Lord
I see these things clearly in my mind, but I am losing my eyesight
I lift up my heart in prayer to my Lord, and I hear his voice saying;
"Be not afraid" "I will guide you in this plight"
I envision my Lord holding me in His arms-knowing that He will
be my
Guiding Light

Close your eyes if you will, and listen to the violins, possibly a flute, and other gentle sounding instruments, and Shirley's soulful voice as this piece is put to music. Over the years, she has astounded me with the beautiful words that she has written. This was copyrighted in 1998. Sixteen years is long enough for it to remain silent.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com
soul-struck-240x300.jpg

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
7/6/2014 11:48:09 PM
 Hi Honey! As always, this is a great forum. Thank you so much for putting my poem on here. I love you very much and God Bless You! Keep up the good work! Love and Blessings Your Loving Wife Shirley Caron
+0
7/7/2014 1:51:15 PM
Mike, God Bless You and Your wife!

Wow, this is quite of story. I read it all.
Anyway, I am still on the look for another way to help you out with your logo.
By far, I have come up with an idea that you can hire a graphic designer on fiverr.com.

I am sure that they will do a great job for a very low cost.

I don't do graphic designs, otherwise I would do it for you for free even if it takes me a whole day to finish the job.

I am wishing you both, you and Shirley, a successful outcome,
and lots of success in the future!

Let me know how the thing with the logo goes.

Talk soon,

Lazarin
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/7/2014 4:40:47 PM
10_1_136.gifHi Honey,

Some how, some way, I will get things done. The whole reason for creating our promotions business was to get your music out to the public. We have gotten a lot of people the chance to climb the ladder to success while we help that ladder steady for them, but never made enough money from our venture to help you. With the success that Chuck Kesilman is having, we have proven that we can do it. Now, I have to find the background music to get you going. I may have to do it alone, but We are not strangers to relying on each other.

GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~

I wonder is she plays a keyboard????
smogmeinichols3.jpg

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/7/2014 4:53:01 PM
10_1_136.gifThank you Lazarin,
I may have to go that route before it is all over. Shirley and I have had help in the past, however they were not to be trusted. On our showcases I agreed to pay everyone something, depending on how much we made, but they decided to take what they wanted when we were not looking, or take our clients out from under us. However this deal coming up is bigger than anything that we have done in the past and we are going to have to have sponsors and volunteers to make it happen. Shirley's health is not that great right now, so I will have to do most of it by myself. I am just glad that I am used to this.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
I need a fleet of people to help me
ufofleet.jpgOppss!! I hope they speak English.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!