Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: 'Humans of Austin' # 2
3/21/2014 2:49:49 AM
Quote:
I found a favorite! in the first link the little girl with the spaghetti; her winning an imagination contest is just awesome.
I love that she walked into a painting-that's definitely my kind of girl:)

I agree with you Joyce, she is a most special character; I am not very sure about this, but I think boys and girls are coming to the world these days the owners of a brighter mind and personality.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/21/2014 3:10:34 AM
Quote:

Hi Miguel,

I enjoyed browsing these three galleries and reading the various comments. It is strange, in a way, that people will open up to strangers but rarely would they reveal their innermost secrets to friends. I believe that the one that I liked the best was the Chicken Bus. My father had a Pop Corn Truck and he sold Popcorn at football games and county fairs. I was shy and did not like to be around people, but I could pop that corn and scoop the popcorn into boxes as long as people were there to receive it. I suppose it gave me a sense of worth. I suppose the activity that I came to like the best, when it came to interacting with people, was setting up and selling at Flea Markets. These are also called Tag Sales and other names depending on locations. When I had my last vehicle I did set up at some Flea Markets and not having a vehicle right now makes me very lonely indeed. Shirley and I used to go to auctions and bid low. If we bid on junk boxes, once we got home we would go through the boxes to see what kind of treasures (Or junk) we came up with. We never made a lot of money at Flea Markets, but we always came home with more money than we started with. Al of these memories came flooding back to me when I read the story of the chicken guy. Strange, very strange.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

I am so glad that you have come back to this forum, Mike; I have been missing your posts.

Your choice of a favorite character is most interesting. To be frank, I had not noticed the girl with the Chicken Bus, I had not even noticed she is a girl. Until this morning I had focused mainly on the second gallery, but now I have enjoyed deeply your account of your years as a boy and also those of your Flea Market activities. I look forward to reading more from you.

Thank you,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/27/2014 4:44:41 AM
I agree about kids. I call them the New people - New and improved models of humans. I started to notice in the ,80's. The next set will likely be Cyborg s.
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/27/2014 11:56:29 PM

Well I really hope not - I mean their being born Cyborgs. Yet as long as they remain essentially human, and not only human-like, the idea is most stimulating.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!