Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ironman Record-Breaker Uses Isagenix for Racing Power
12/7/2013 4:01:52 AM
Back when he was a student, Luis A. was the only kid in his class who couldn’t finish a three-mile walk, barely making it halfway. Today, he’s setting world records as an Ironman competitor. Luis, a 51-year-old from Mexico City, has completed more than 100 Ironman events and is the only person to have competed in every single Ironman competition, earning him a world record.

A positive attitude spurred his major life change, and now Isagenix is ensuring he continues to compete at peak performance.

From Failure to Record-Breaker

Luis credits his life transformation to a shift in his thinking. He set mini-goals for himself, working from walking three miles, to completing his first Ironman 22 years ago. “Changing my outlook to a positive one was the trigger for me,” Luis says. He has completed up to 13 Ironmans in a year.

As an Ironman athlete, Luis started using Isagenix products in May 2012 after a recommendation from a nutritionist. He tried an IsaLean® Bar and loved the taste, which was a big enough reason to get him hooked on the products and spread them to the 4,000-member Ironmex organization he founded, consisting of Mexican Ironman athletes.

“One thing that’s very important to me for any product is flavor,” says Luis. “It doesn’t matter how good it is for you, if it tastes like cardboard, you can’t eat it.”

You’ll now find Isagenix products in his briefcase and travel pack, whether he’s working out for his next Ironman, or climbing one of the tallest mountains in the world. He plans on climbing Mount Vinson in Antarctica by the end of 2013. This is the fifth of the seven highest peaks of each continent he will have traversed.

Always on the Go

Luis A.

Luis says he hopes to be the oldest person to compete in an Ironman some day – which means he has no plans to stop training.

Even injuries can’t keep Luis down. A herniated disc sidelined the athlete for 60 days this past April, with doctors telling him to not compete in an Ironman for two years. Two months after he left the hospital after his surgery, he climbed Mont Blanc in the Alps and completed the Ironman Frankfurt, all in the same week. Since then, he’s completed 10 more Ironmans this year.

Luis’ legacy extends beyond the records he’s setting. His 18-year-old son, Jose Manuel, ran in Luis’ hundredth Ironman in October 2013 and was the youngest athlete in the race. Not surprisingly, Jose Manuel is an Isagenix fan, too.

Thank you for viewing my page To your Success Anabela
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!