Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
This is great news!
12/2/2013 7:15:04 AM
Hello Michael, I will surely keep this in mind! My family has been blessed with the gift of singing. Gospel is our specialty and preference. I wish you much success in your new adventure. God bless
Check out all the freebies when you visit the all solutions network, where everything is free! You can shop at some of your favorite stores, like Wal-Mart why you're there. Just for visiting, you can get a free vacation, or gas card voucher. Hope to see you there! http://allsolutionsnetworks.com/TG/TG28796
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: This is great news!
12/3/2013 5:44:48 AM

Hi Terry,

You have some great news as well. My wife and I began this venture way back in 2003. She writes wonderful poetry and was getting very upset that know one ever recognized her talents. She told me one night that she wasn't going to write anymore because no one cared. I tried to console her and asked her to pray to GOD for an answer to her dilemma. Two weeks later she received a letter from Cliff Ayres, CEO of The Entertainer Network and Emerald Records. In the letter, he told her that one of his clients brought a poem to him that she had found on the internet. She asked if she could make it into a song. He told her that she could not do anything with it without the consent of the author, Shirley Ruth Caron (My wife). The letter went on to read that Shirley was being nominated for Silver Writer Artist of 2003 and was being invited to attend the upcoming taping of the E.I.A. Awards Show in Nashville, Tennessee. Shirley was both shocked and excited at the same time. After we both shed some tears of happiness I looked up and said to Shirley, "Do you think that you have someone to thank for this news?" She said, "Thank you GOD for answering my prayers."

We began attending the E.I.A. Awards Show twice a year until 2009. In the spring of 2004 we put together a Talent Showcase and had ten performers that were good. All ten were nominated for awards. By now, Shirley had two of her poems turned into songs and published. Something, however, just did not seem right. I had by then created our Promotions company M&S Public Relations, and we were bringing between five to ten clients with us each time we went to Nashville. It cost us just as much as it did our clients to attend the tapings and Shirley's songs were going nowhere. Cliff told me that we had to pay for being on his record label and we had to pay to have the songs distributed. While I was using my money to promote our clients I was not aware that once they signed with Emerald Records they were no longer our clients. For the longest time I brooded about this because no one likes to be used. Finally, one day I woke up and realized something. Yes, we were taken for a ride. It was a roller coaster ride with a lot more dips then rises, but it was also a process of learning. We both learned that in order to succeed in this business, you need to want to help people get ahead. Therefore, we are a little bit closer to opening our own Record Label, but with a twist. Rather then publishing your song for free and then charging our clients with ever single service before getting their songs out to the public, we plan to get the songs out to radio stations, get a fan base going, produce the client's song or album, and mail the songs to buyers. Each client will be told what radio stations are playing their music, when they are playing it, and for how long. We will deduct a portion from each sale, and the rest goes to the artist. We will also include the artist on our website free of charge so that their fans can keep up with their progress. We will still require $150.00 promotion fee because it will be necessary to keep things going. After we deduct our cost, the artist should receive 60% of the sale of each cd. Normally, after paying everyone that is involved with the publishing, creation and shipping of the product, the artist is lucky if they receive 10% and that is usually gobbled up by the producer for mailing your cds to dozens of radio stations to play your music. We are fast approaching the year 2014. Record labels have not physically mailed out cds to radio stations in over a decade. They email the radio stations with MP3s of the music in multiples of twenty stations per email. It does not cost the producer a dime and the radio stations have your music within minutes, not days or weeks. However, you still get charged for it. So, rather then brooding or getting mad at the way things are done, you change the way that they are done. You work with the artists, not against them. I am in the process of mailing out multiple letters to artists, so if you, Terry, or anyone else knows of deserving artists that would like their music to be heard now, rather then after they die, have them email me at michaelcaron2000@gmail.com and I will be sure that they get on the very next mailing. Our label will accept most genres of music except Rap or Hip Hop. In the subject box write "Count me in"

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

Let us help your dreams come true.

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: This is great news!
2/18/2019 5:03:56 PM
mikeandshirley.jpgHi Terry. I just came across this post that I created quite awhile ago. I wanted to give you an update. I have made a lot of changes and am now working with one of the biggest internet radio networks in the country who has affiliates in 11 countries outside the U.S. plus he has contacts with the owner of AirPlay Express. In 2009, we signed a client from Shreveport, La who was a Beatles tribute singer plus he had his own originals songs as well. Within three years he began receiving royalries and within three after that he had accumulated over $100,000 in royalties. If you don't have originals, we can get some for you, but you do have to pay. I remember that you said that there were several members of your family that were musically talented. Get in touch by emailing me at michaelcaron2000@gmail.com or respond here. Thank you.
GOD BLESS YOU
~ Mike ~
M&S Promotions
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!