Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Deliciously Light Chicken Pot Pie
11/10/2013 5:03:26 PM

Hello My Friends,

Nothing says comfort food like a homemade chicken pot pie. It’s so hearty and filling, and always feels good on a chilly fall or winter day. Of course, traditional chicken pot pie recipes can be pretty high in fat and calories, however, by making a few simple changes and using a reduced fat crescent roll dough for the crust, anyone can create a chicken pot pie recipe that tastes every bit as good as it’s more fattening version. While this was originally made as a 6 serving recipe at 4 Points + per serving, if you want a bigger piece of the pie, you can make it 4 servings for 6 Points + per serving. Either way, this low calorie Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is a fantastic bargain.

Light Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients

• 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 8oz mushrooms, chopped
  • 2 small stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen is fine)
  • 8oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
  • 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
  • 1 tbsp light butter
  • 1 cup fat free chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup fat free condensed milk
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 4 slices reduced fat crescent roll dough

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 10” pie plate with cooking spray (butter flavored is best).
  2. In a medium sized pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add in onions and celery and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add in mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in broth, chicken, vegetables, paprika, thyme and salt and pepper. Cover and simmer on medium for about 12-15 minutes.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and flour. Pour into chicken and vegetable mixture and continue to cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes.
  4. Pour mixture into prepared pie plate, and arrange crescent roll slices around the outside edge, leaving the pie open in the center.
  5. Place into oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, and the center of the pot pie is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
  6. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.

Preparation time: 15 minute(s)

Cooking time: 45 minute(s)

PER SERVING: 174 calories; 4g fat; 19g carbohydrates; 13g protein; 3g fiber

Have A Super Sunday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!