Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Radio Air Time
10/29/2013 9:23:45 PM
10_1_136.gifHi Sadia,
I'm not sure what you are referring to. Mark designed some logos for our new Record Label, but as far as being his project, I don't believe so.
Shirley and I have been promoting song artists since 2003. Early in 2004 we signed a band from Chicago called Robbins & Wheeler. They had a Nashville Talent agent that was doing nothing for them. When they signed with us they had a song called "Ghost of James Dean" that was #1 on the Country Music charts for six weeks in a row. Their Nashville Talent agent had not gotten them on a label that would have given them credibility and had not signed them to ASCAP that would have assured them royalties. Within two weeks after they signed with us they were invited to the E.I.A. Awards Show in Nashville, Tennessee. They took first place in that competition which was a $5,000.00 Emerald Records contract. At the next E.I.A. Awards Show taping, after Robbins & Wheeler sang a couple of songs, Cliff Ayres announced that they had just recently won the previous taping first prize and were going in the studio to tape their new album free of charge. Shirley and I held each other's hand because we knew that we had given them that opportunity. However, as soon as Cliff made the announcement, Mike Kelly (There Nashville talent agent) ran up on stage and took all the credit. Mike Kelly was also the bandleader for the Rinky Dingks that was Bobby Darin's band before Bobby went solo. I cried and walked out. Cliff Ayres told me to come back in because he was going to call me up to the stage for an interview and to let everyone know that it was us, and not Mike Kelly who introduced the band to him. That interview never happened. Since then Mike Kelly has passed away. Through the past ten years there have been many stories like that that have left Shirley and I devastated. We have made a lot of mistakes over the last ten years and the biggest mistake was trusting the wrong people. Many of the artists that we have helped stabbed us in the back. When they realized how much money they were going to be making, they didn't need us anymore. Sadia, if Mark or anyone else wants to take the credit for what we have done over the past ten years, they will have to show the scars to prove it as well.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com
32265301.jpgNo matter how long it takes and no matter how hard the going gets, you will hear quality music on the radio instead of the crap you are listening to today. We have been there. We have done that. The Music Industry is a Jaded Community. If you have the money, it doesn't matter how bad your music sounds. They will push it until it makes it on the chart. We plan to knock those gates down. Quality First. We'll talk about money later.
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
10/30/2013 2:52:12 AM

Check me out! This is my bio:

SmallWorld Da Chemist is an inspiring, extraordinary artist. He is the CEO of PTO Records, Ltd. Born and raised on Chicago's west side, SmallWorld is heavily involved in the Chicago underground music scene. He is known for his hard work, determination, and dedication; also, for his poetry and spoken word attributes. With all the negativity, struggles, and life obstacles, SmallWorld has managed to keep his focus on the light at the end of the tunnel, with hopes of all his hard work playing off. He needed a way to express his views on the universe and music proved the perfect medium. Success starts with vision and in order to achieve success you have to work hard at it. You can find more information on SmallWorld at smallworld.beep.com, his official web page or you can follow him on twitter @smallworld_pto, and checkout his fan page at http://www.facebook.com/smallworld.dachemist.

Keith_Oneal
+1
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/30/2013 3:29:08 AM
10_1_136.gif Hi Keith,
Thank you so much for stopping by. I will definetely stop by and check things out. I was going to send you a friend request, but I noticed that we are already friends. When you have the time, bring in some of your music to share. If you have albums for sale, let people know how they can purchase them. I have been a member here for quite a few years and I want the people of AdlandPro Community to benefit first because I believe that this is the best online community with honest people.What type of music do you promote on your record label?
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
smogmeinichols3.jpgEveryone welcome
+1
10/31/2013 3:11:21 AM

I have two albums on this link along with a spoken word CD.

http://www.nimbitmusic.com/smallworlddachemist

This is the link to my single.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/smallworlddachemist

Keith_Oneal
+1
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/31/2013 7:00:12 PM
10_1_136.gifThank you Keith,
You put together a good presentation.
When I talk about Radio Airtime, just exactly what kind of radio am I talking about? There are land locked radio stations that cover small areas and are designated AM or FM. There are also College radio stations that operate from college campus areas. There is always the fast growing Internet Radio stations that cover a much broader range. Each of these stations need sponsors to keep them on the air. If a station leans too heavily on sponsors selling their products and too lean on music, or the same songs every day, people will quickly turn to another station. The 'filler time' for radio stations must be thought out carefully, and should contain some type of new material to keep the listeners coming back for more. I could put a package together with eight to ten artists, do an introduction for each artist and set it up for a fifteen minute to a half hour time frame so that the radio stations can set it into their daily schedule, given then fifteen minutes to a half hour of free time. Once I have enough clients, I would like to set up interview schedules will people that have Blog Radio set-ups so that you can do online interviews. Therefore, if you look at these proposals carefully, you will see that this is a win win situation for everyone concerned. I believe I even have a Blog Radio account, which I will start using as soon as I figure out how.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~

ufofleet.jpgI'l lhave to get someone to help me on this.
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!