Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Radio Stations for New artists
10/27/2013 6:22:37 AM
10_1_136.gifHi all,
Shirley and I are embarking on a new venture. We have been promoting unsigned song artists for about ten years. We promoted them to a large Independent Record Label in Nashville. Once they signed a contract with that Record Label we lost them. Most of them could not afford the price that they would have to pay and eventually were not able to afford to pursue their singing career. During this period of time Shirley had two of her original poems turned into songs and published. That is as far as they went. It took me awhile to realize that we were being duped, but once I did realize how we and others were being taken for a ride, I decided to turn things around, not only for us, but for the thousands of real artists out there that could use a break. We are about to create our own Record Label. I have already checked on the name that we will use, and it is available. Magic Sounds Label Here are some logos that Mark Dewey made up for the new Record Label.
FirstTestLabels.jpegI like the top one, (not so blurry though) and the bottom left. I already know that it is going to cost quite a bit to get this started and I will be doing most of the work myself. The reason that I am calling this thread "Radio Stations for New Artists" is that I am hoping that I can find enough radio stations willing to give new artists a break by airing their songs for free. Many of you will agree with me that a lot of the music that we listen to on the radio is not worth listening to and we wonder how it even got on the radio. Money Talks. If you have the $5,000.00 to shell out your song will go to the top of the list. No one cares how you sound. They only care how much money you are willing to pay. We charge $150.00 to promote you. There are also fees our record label, duplication services, and distribution, plus we will design the labels and jackets. However, if you don't have that kind of money, we are not going to put your song on the shelf until you get it. If there are enough radio stations willing to help us get these new sounds out to the public and let their listeners know where they can buy the product, a portion of the money will go toward moneys owed, we will take a very modest amount for our services, and the rest will go to the artist. In this way, the artist will not have to wait until they are too old to care, because they will receive their money as they earn it. This is not a complicated thing to do. So, if you have a small, medium,or large radio station, and you are ready to help the thousands of real artists out there, let us know. I am sure that there are people reading this that know exactly what I'm talking about either through your own experiences or that of someone you know.
I also have another thread on this subject that I put in the wrong category once again, so I invite you to visit that thread at;
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2669796/Our-Own-Record-Label.aspx?id_11703547#a_post_11703547

GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com
ufofleet.jpgIf your music is out of this world bring it in
smogmeinichols3.jpgIf you are out of this world, my phone number is.....Woops, Shirley is coming.
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+1
RE: Radio Stations for New artists
11/20/2013 3:55:29 PM
Hi Michael, u r too funny, thanks for making us smile...
Adlandpro is one of my fave sites as the people are fanta-bulous, the networking is great, having a place to share ads and info rocks! For over 20 years now I've been part of a huge T.E.A.M., where "Together Everyone Achieves More." Our dreams and goals are to help as many folks succeed as possible no matter what occupation or biz you are in. I have 3 main blogs or websites, including expertise in blogging, forums, communities, network marketing, social networking, advertising, lead generation, SEO & more. Love connecting with like-minded individuals. Thanks so much, Mark Stephen Hauser of http://www.facebook.com/martinezshopper and my main blog https://martinezshopperdotws.blogspot.com/
+1
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/20/2013 9:16:17 PM
Hi Stephen,

First, I would like to thank you for allowing me to put this thread here. You know, if you think about it, with some of the music that is out there, you sometimes have to wonder what planet these people are from. I sometime wonder if there is anyone left in Washington D.C. that was born on Earth.

I am not able to put my buddy up right now because once again my computer is not working right. As soon as I am able to, I am going to have Shirley sing some songs Accapello and dub the music in the background because a large part of what I am doing is for her. As we were putting out more that we did not have for the past ten years going to Nashville once or twice a year, I pushed to find deserving artists to bring with us. I was hoping that Shirley and the others would get the big break that they were looking for. In 2009, we attended the last E.I.A. Awards Show Taping. When we entered the club where the show was being taped, I noticed very quickly that our entertainers were the only ones there. Almost at the end of the first day of taping two other entertainers walked in. Before we left to come back to Indie, Cliff took me aside and told me how happy he was that I brought my entertainers with me.
He said that if I had not had my four clients there he was going to have to cancel the show and pay the club owner as well as the video- ographer. I offhandedly said that I hoped that I had enough money to get back to Indy. He laughed and said that I would do okay. I don't want anyone to be treated the way we were treated. It is just not right. Shirley had a Grand Mall seizure the night before the taping and was still not fully recovered from it when we entered the taping. She was called up to sing a song and she told Cliff that she would like wait until she felt better. He told her to sing now or not at all. Here are the results.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bwhrCO8K-E
The blonde in the corner that was carrying on with her friends was one of our clients. When we got home I told Shirley that we were going to continue with our business, but not the way we have been doing. No one deserves to be treated that way, and they won't be.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
+1
1/11/2014 4:27:35 PM
AwEsOmE!!!
Adlandpro is one of my fave sites as the people are fanta-bulous, the networking is great, having a place to share ads and info rocks! For over 20 years now I've been part of a huge T.E.A.M., where "Together Everyone Achieves More." Our dreams and goals are to help as many folks succeed as possible no matter what occupation or biz you are in. I have 3 main blogs or websites, including expertise in blogging, forums, communities, network marketing, social networking, advertising, lead generation, SEO & more. Love connecting with like-minded individuals. Thanks so much, Mark Stephen Hauser of http://www.facebook.com/martinezshopper and my main blog https://martinezshopperdotws.blogspot.com/
+1
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/12/2014 5:36:55 PM
10_1_136.gifHello my friend,
Thank you for your support to this thread. In March I will be 72. I joined this community I believe in 2003, about the time that Shirley and I began going to Nashville twice a year. Through the years I brought in forums and threads pertaining to music. I told about our ups and our downs. Throughout the years there were more downs than ups. I gained a lot of wonderful friends throughout the years but as far as receiving any kind of help pertaining to music, I have gotten very little help. The main reason that I am trying to develop my own record label is because over the years, I have learned that when it comes to Record Labels they don't care how good you are or even if you have a voice at all. Their main concern is how much money they can get out of you. Shirley and I have lost a lot of money over the years helping others make money. I just feel that an honest approach is needed and all I am trying to do is to help deserving artists gain recognition for their talents without having to sell their house in the process. We have thousands of members in this community and we have the best forum set-up of all the online communities, but no matter how hard we try we simply can't reach the people. It has gotten to the point that if we offered to pay people to enter our forum threads and leave a comment, we still wouldn't receive any responses. I have pretty much given up the idea of starting my own Record Label because if the members of AdlandPro Community don't care, why should I? I guess I'm too old to really make a difference anyway.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
smogmeinichols3.jpgWe fear the unknown. However, we seem to embrace the known. The known is poverty, wars, hate, indifference. What if someone were to enter our world with a different set of values? Love, Happiness, Tolerance, Abundance for all, respect, and true Friendship. Would we accept them if they were from a different world? More likely than not we would find a gun and shoot them, because they don't belong in our world.
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!