Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Underwater pics almost too good to be true
10/16/2013 9:33:41 AM
Gorgeous NatGeo pics

NatGeo’s photo assignment to the public: Explore Our Changing World

In the first month, more than 300,000 people sign up for magazine’s photo community called Your Shot; deadline for inaugural contest is October 22

National Geographic, home to some of the most captivating photography on the planet, has issued a photo assignment like no other to celebrate its 125th anniversary, and the photographer is you, the picture-taking public.

People are invited to join NatGeo’s new photo-sharing platform called Your Shot and submit three photos that convey how photography can help us “Explore Our Changing World.”

NatGeo photographer Cory Richards and the magazine’s photo editor Sadie Quarrier are providing photo tips and feedback on submitted images with their favorite image to be published in a future issue of National Geographic magazine.

In the first month since launching, more than 300,000 people signed up for Your Shot, National Geographic’s photo community. No doubt the number will grow substantially when word gets out.

The deadline for the inaugural assignment is October 22. National Geographic offered GrindTV Outdoor a preview. Here are a few of the more intriguing nature and wildlife shots provided:

The Ice Caves

The Ice Caves

Photograph and caption information by Andrew Inaba, National Geographic Your Shot

The Big Four Ice Caves in the Cascade Range, located 21 miles east of Granite Falls, Washington, feature a network of tunnels formed from avalanche-deposited snow and are hollowed by cascading water and warm winds. Inaba writes, “Spectacle and beauty must come with respect, as the ice is prone to collapse and cave-ins.”

Weightless

Weightless

Photograph and caption information by Dimitris Maroulakis, National Geographic Your Shot

A 
freediver slides peacefully over the seabed in the blue hole area of Vouliagmeni, a seaside town 12 miles south of Athens, Greece.

Best Shelter Ever

Best Shelter Ever

Photograph and caption information by Arati Rao, National Geographic Your Shot

A baby elephant finds the perfect shelter under its mother one late afternoon in Sri Lanka.

Cloud of Tadpoles

Cloud of Tadpoles

Photograph and caption information by Eiko Jones, National Geographic Your Shot

While photographing lilies in a local swamp, Jones encounters a cloud of tadpoles numbering in the thousands, all swimming along the same route.

Traditional Fishing

Traditional Fishing

Photograph and caption information by Pronob Ghosh, National Geographic Your Shot

A fisherman in Gabura, Satkhira, Bangladesh, catches baby shrimp using his traditional blue net.

seagull 1 of 2

Seagull

Photograph and caption information by Junichi Saito, National Geographic Your Shot

A close-up of a seagull feeding out of someone’s hands, which could have been in just about any seaside town.

Night of Lightning at Grand Canyon

Night of Lightning at Grand Canyon

Photograph and caption information by Rolf Maeder, National Geographic Your Shot

Maeder writes, “It was such a wonderful experience to witness this beautiful thunderstorm far across the Grand Canyon!”

Camp inside Hang Son Doong

Camp Inside Hang Son Doong

Photograph and caption information by Ryan Deboodt, National Geographic Your Shot

After two days of trekking and spelunking in the recently discovered Son Doong Cave in Vietnam, Deboodt’s group camped inside the cave, said to be the world’s largest.

Perfect Catch

Perfect Catch

Photograph and caption information by Wayne Panepinto, National Geographic Your Shot

Lily the sea lion is getting fed a piece of squid at the Seneca Park Zoo in Rochester, New York. Writes Panepinto, “I’m amazed how easy the sea lions catch their food.”

Note: In addition to getting the image published in National Geographic, the winning “editor’s choice” photographer will receive a personal portfolio review by Richards and Quarrier, a five-day National Geographic Photo Workshop in Santa Fe, New Mexico, from National Geographic Expeditions, a $1,000 gift card to B&H Photo, and other prizes.

A National Geographic photo contest that's open to the public is garnering gorgeous images like this.
Ice caves, sea lion's perfect catch

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Underwater pics almost too good to be true
10/16/2013 2:53:03 PM
HI Miguel,

This shots are just terrific. I have always like the National Geographic magazine. Always nice pictures. They give nice prizes too. Thanks for sharing.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+2
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/16/2013 8:36:14 PM
Superb photos.
+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/16/2013 11:49:03 PM

Thank you friends for visiting and posting. So happy to have you here. You are both right, all of the photos are great.

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/17/2013 3:40:12 AM
10_1_136.gifHi Miguel. These photos are fantastic, but then again, anything to do with nature is fantastic. Looking at photo from nature shows how much beauty there is in our world. It's too bad we can't leave it alone.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com
http://www.mspublicrelationsonline.vpweb.com
smogmeinichols3.jpg I wonder what nature is like on other planets?
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!