Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Between Agony and Ecstasy: Giacomo Grosso, Italian Painter
9/12/2013 1:51:10 AM

I too love it, Roger; the model stance, including her raised right arm, is charming and balanced and the painting in general, with its beautiful background, I can only qualify as exquisite. Thanks for the great feedback.

Miguel

Quote:

A superb painting.

Very natural and beautiful.

I am sure that this is ok here.

If anyone is offended then they just do not understand.

As an aspiring artist the human form still requires the most study and application.

I love this painting.

Roger

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/12/2013 2:01:13 AM

Before I can call it a day, dear friends, there are a few more works by Giacomo Grosso that I would like to exhibit; among them, another nude figure which while not too well represented by this photograph, still evidences an exquisite artistic command on Grosso's part.

Giacomo Grosso - Allo Specchio
(oil on canvas, 1914)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/12/2013 2:34:09 AM

This early painting (of 1884), 'The Cell of the Mad," while in a way fascinating, is at the same time intriguing: In effect, what may have motivated Giacomo Grosso to represent such a dramatic scenario - here both played in full and in part, where the real drama appears to be focused?

Giacomo Grosso - La cella delle pazze (oil on canvas, 1884)

Giacomo Grosso - La cella delle pazze (detail) (oil on canvas, 1884)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/12/2013 10:07:01 AM

These again are great.

There is such wonderful movement in these.

His skills were diverse.

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2013 1:55:45 AM

For some strange reason that escapes my knowledge, there are a few other outstanding works by Giacomo Grosso that can only be found in black and white and then, only featured in some websites like that of the ArtRenewal.org. They include
the most attractive Giovinezza, presented immediately below, and the horizontal also nude figure below it which without any doubt would make a duo with Nudo Sdraiato of 1896, featured on the first page of this thread, if only it too were preserved in color. Finally, another couple of black and white images but of religious theme - no less qualified as true master works - will be shown in my next post.

Giacomo Grosso - Giovinezza
(private collection)

Giacomo Grosso - Nuda (private collection)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!