Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Listen! He's Knocking
8/25/2013 3:15:50 PM

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20 (KJV)

Good Sunday Morning My Friends,

Here's a brief story that I would like to share with you this morning. May it Touch your Heart even half as much as it did mine.

As a Nurse on a Pediatric Ward over at Brenner Children's Hospital in Winston Salem, NC, a Hospital that specializes in working with critically ill Children, Sarah, a young Friend of ours, told us that before listening to the little ones chests, she would always plug the stethoscope into their ears and let them listen to their own hearts. She said that of course, their eyes would always light up with awe, but she never got a response equal to four-year old David's comment.
Gently she tucked into the stethoscope into his ears and placed the disk over his heart. "Listen", she said....."What do you suppose that is?"
He drew his eyebrows together in a puzzled line and looked up as if lost in the mystery of the strange tap-tap-tapping deep in his chest.
This face broke into an almost Angelic Smile as he said, "Do you think that it could be Jesus knocking?"
Can I ask you a question? It's an important one. Are you trying to get into Heaven some other way other than through Jesus Christ?
Let me share with you a few ways NOT to get into Heaven: ...
Religion is not the door! ...
The preacher or priest is not the door! ...
Baptism is not the door! ...
Church membership is not the way! ...
Being a good person is not the way! ...
Doing good things is not the way!
Jesus is the ONLY way to get into Heaven!
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12 (KJV)
You cannot earn your way into Heaven . . . . . EVER!

"Jesus saith unto him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.'" John 14:6 (KJV)

Only by receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior can you enter God's kingdom.

Do you hear Him knocking? More importantly, Will you open the door to your Heart and let Him in? I promise you my Friends, if you do, then the Warmth and the Goodness of His Love will fill your whole Life with Joy and Contentment.

Have A Blessed Week My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+2
RE: Listen! He's Knocking
10/22/2013 2:48:22 AM
What a beautiful story Phil...;-)
Quote:

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20 (KJV)

Good Sunday Morning My Friends,

Here's a brief story that I would like to share with you this morning. May it Touch your Heart even half as much as it did mine.

As a Nurse on a Pediatric Ward over at Brenner Children's Hospital in Winston Salem, NC, a Hospital that specializes in working with critically ill Children, Sarah, a young Friend of ours, told us that before listening to the little ones chests, she would always plug the stethoscope into their ears and let them listen to their own hearts. She said that of course, their eyes would always light up with awe, but she never got a response equal to four-year old David's comment.
Gently she tucked into the stethoscope into his ears and placed the disk over his heart. "Listen", she said....."What do you suppose that is?"
He drew his eyebrows together in a puzzled line and looked up as if lost in the mystery of the strange tap-tap-tapping deep in his chest.
This face broke into an almost Angelic Smile as he said, "Do you think that it could be Jesus knocking?"
Can I ask you a question? It's an important one. Are you trying to get into Heaven some other way other than through Jesus Christ?
Let me share with you a few ways NOT to get into Heaven: ...
Religion is not the door! ...
The preacher or priest is not the door! ...
Baptism is not the door! ...
Church membership is not the way! ...
Being a good person is not the way! ...
Doing good things is not the way!
Jesus is the ONLY way to get into Heaven!
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12 (KJV)
You cannot earn your way into Heaven . . . . . EVER!

"Jesus saith unto him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.'" John 14:6 (KJV)

Only by receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior can you enter God's kingdom.

Do you hear Him knocking? More importantly, Will you open the door to your Heart and let Him in? I promise you my Friends, if you do, then the Warmth and the Goodness of His Love will fill your whole Life with Joy and Contentment.

Have A Blessed Week My Friends,

Phil

+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Listen! He's Knocking
10/22/2013 4:45:50 AM

Thanks Christina,

I appreciate you stopping by to visit and your positive comments. He is the sole reason that I am still here.

Have A Blessed Day My Friend,

Phil

P.S. Here's a link that you might like http://llerrah.com/whyifollowjesus.htm

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!