Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Amazing creature!!
8/22/2013 6:42:24 PM
Sarcastic fringehead!!

It is known as the one of the most terrifying fish in the sea. It is a ferocious fish which has a large mouth and aggressive territorial behaviour.

When unthreatened, the fringehead's visage is fairly unremarkable. But if a marine predator (or stray human hand) attempts to dislodge a fringehead from its crevasse, the fish will race into action, brandishing its frightening Predator-like mouth at the interloper.

The body of sarcastic fringeheads is elongate, slender, and moderately compressed. Their long dorsal fin extends from the rear of the head almost to the rounded caudal fin. Heads are very large, with bluntly rounded snouts and prominent lips. The huge jaw extends back well past the eye and is larger in males than females. These fish have numerous needle-like teeth and wavy, fringe-like appendages called cirri over their eyes.

The color of sarcastic fringeheads is usually brown to gray, often with a red tinge and green or pale blotches. Males can be almost black with the rear of their giant jaw a bright yellow. Usually there are pale spots or patches on the cheeks. The ocelli (eye-like spots) on the spinous dorsal fin of males are metallic blue, surrounded by a golden ring.

Sarcastic fringeheads can reach 30.5 cm (12 in) long, but most individuals are 7.6-29 cm (3-8 in).

These fish are believed to live about 6 years.

Swimming movements in these small fish are rather complex. Many combinations of fin manipulations are used in their frequently erratic movements. Their dorsal and anal fins are long and unbroken and are used together with their pectoral and caudal fins for swimming. Most swimming consists of short, rapid, darting movements, frequently involving quick changes in direction. Long periods of sustained swimming are not part of this species usual movement pattern.Instead of entering a hole or burrow head-first; fringeheads frequently back into it, eliminating the need to turn around.

+2
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Amazing creature!!
8/22/2013 9:27:16 PM
Hi Hafiz,
How can anything that colorful, be so ugly? It is scary, but I guess that is what he is to be, scary.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/23/2013 3:01:40 AM

10_1_136.gif Hi Hafiz,

This certainly is amazing. It scared me at first. I thought that my ex-wife had come back to haunt me.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

smogmeinichols3.jpg

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/23/2013 5:30:27 PM
Hahahaha! I think you are passing tensed life still regarding your ex-wife:-)
Quote:

10_1_136.gif Hi Hafiz,

This certainly is amazing. It scared me at first. I thought that my ex-wife had come back to haunt me.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

smogmeinichols3.jpg

+1
Find Finder

4 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/23/2013 10:45:19 PM

Uh oh...Wish I hadn't seen this picture...

Uh...please tell me this isn't a shallow water fish...

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!