Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Coming soon: Living Masters at the Art Renewal Center
8/6/2013 2:18:05 AM
Hi Roger,

Take into account that it is not a photographic reality that we should be looking for, at least that is not how I see it. If that were the case, all artists would just take photographs and however perfect, that would be it.

For example, I think of Jan Vermeer and his paintings and there immediately appear in my mind images of one or more of his master works with their special atmosphere in all their subtle detail and above all, their inexpressible beauty. All of them essencial factors that make them master works.

Of course, I am not saying there are no masterly photos.. But they don't speak to our spirit as a masterpiece should. In my opinion, Anand JKC and, probably, other "living masters" of realism still have to go a short way ahead along the path to perfection, but Anand at least has reached a point where some of his most celebrated works - I am thinking of his Taj Mahal and his Majestic Nude, for example - already talk to my spirit.

I understand your point, though, and that is what makes art debates interesting.

Thanks for the fascinating feedback,

Miguel

Quote:

How wonderful.

To be able to compose a picture and put it together like this is beyond my understanding.

These are so beautiful but so far from what I would love to paint myself. If only I could paint like this, then I could paint anything.

I suppose I miss the painterly feel in these images.

Don't misunderstand me Miguel. I really love these but I just cannot get inside the head of somebody who is so capable of realism in art.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!