Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Mass production and display of oil paintings in China
7/26/2013 12:27:07 AM

Oil painting production in China

Painter Zhao Xiaoyong works on a portrait of Van Gogh in his gallery at Dafen Oil Painting Village in Shenzhen, south China's Guangdong province April 25, 2011. Zhao said he has sold more than 70,000 copies of Van Gogh's paintings, with the price ranging from 200 to 1,500 yuan ($30-$230) a piece. REUTERS/Jason Lee

REUTERS/Jason Lee July 24, 2013

Photographs by Jason Lee/Reuters

Dafen village, a suburb in Shenzhen, is believed to be the largest mass producer of oil paintings in the world. Artists here manufacture some 60 percent of the total global trade volume, according to China Daily. Thousands of artists and dealers rent shops or exterior walls on buildings to display and sell oil paintings, but they will soon need to find other places as the local government has pledged to ban the practice in an effort to brush up its image before the upcoming Universiade, local media reported. (REUTERS)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Mass production and display of oil paintings in China
7/26/2013 12:31:00 AM

Here is a selection from the Gallery of photos

A painter works on an oil painting next to a portrait of China's late Chairman Mao Zedong in his studio selling the portraits of U.S. President Barack Obama (bottom L), China's President Hu Jintao (top C) and late Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping (top R), at Dafen Oil Painting Village in Shenzhen, south China's Guangdong province April 24, 2011. REUTERS/Jason Lee

Sixteen-year-old painter Wang Jingang works on nine pieces of decorative paintings at the same time in a studio at REUTERS/Jason Lee

A painter works on a portrait in a studio at Dafen Oil Painting Village in Shenzhen, south China's Guangdong province April 24, 2011. REUTERS/Jason Lee

A woman decorates frames outside a gallery at Dafen Oil Painting Village, in Shenzhen, South China's Guangdong province, April 25, 2011. REUTERS/Jason Lee

A two-year-old boy, the son of a vendor, watches cartoons at a gallery at Dafen Oil Painting Village, in Shenzhen, South China's Guangdong province, April 24, 2011. REUTERS/Jason Lee

Painters work on oil paintings in a studio at Dafen Oil Painting Village, in Shenzhen, South China's Guangdong province, April 25, 2011. REUTERS/Jason Lee

A vendor waits for customers in a gallery at Dafen Oil Painting Village in Shenzhen, south China's Guangdong province April 26, 2011. REUTERS/Jason Lee

A vendor sleeps while waiting for customers outside his gallery at Dafen Oil Painting Village, in Shenzhen, South China's Guangdong province, April 24, 2011. REUTERS/Jason Lee

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2013 12:52:04 AM
Hi Miguel,
70,000 copies of the same painting, wow, by that time you should have it down to a tee! I wonder how long it takes him to do each one.

Quote:

Painter Zhao Xiaoyong works on a portrait of Van Gogh in his gallery at Dafen Oil Painting Village in Shenzhen, south China's Guangdong province April 25, 2011. Zhao said he has sold more than 70,000 copies of Van Gogh's paintings, with the price ranging from 200 to 1,500 yuan ($30-$230) a piece. REUTERS/Jason Lee

Dafen village, a suburb in Shenzhen, is believed to be the largest mass producer of oil paintings in the world. Artists here manufacture some 60 percent of the total global trade volume, according to China Daily. Thousands of artists and dealers rent shops or exterior walls on buildings to display and sell oil paintings, but they will soon need to find other places as the local government has pledged to ban the practice in an effort to brush up its image before the upcoming Universiade, local media reported. (REUTERS)

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2013 1:04:23 AM
Hi Myrna,

I have seen videos showing how these artists paint, they complete a work in aproximately one hour or maybe a half hour!

Thanks for showing up and posting,

Miguel

Quote:
Hi Miguel,
70,000 copies of the same painting, wow, by that time you should have it down to a tee! I wonder how long it takes him to do each one.

Quote:

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/28/2013 6:52:53 PM

SAD, WONDERFUL, EXTRAORDINARY.

Such talent badly spent.

This is an amazing world. I am surprised and amazed every day.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!