Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
A Diabetic Friendly Sunday Dinner
7/15/2013 3:30:54 AM

Hello My Friends,

Here's a Dinner that even those of us with Diabetes can still enjoy. Once you get this easy-to-assemble dinner in the oven, you can sit back and relax. A small amount of brown sugar and apple juice sweeten the pork, and the vegetables get a lot of flavor from the pan juices.

Sunday Pork Roast With Vegetables

Ingredients

Cooking spray
1 1-pound boneless center-cut pork loin roast or pork tenderloin, all visible fat discarded
1 tablespoon frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
1 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crumbled
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup baby carrots
1/2 cup bite-size cauliflower florets
1/2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice bits

Preparation

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.

Brush the pork on all sides with the apple juice concentrate.

In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, paprika, and pepper. Set aside 1 teaspoon of this mixture. Spread the remaining mixture all over the pork, pressing so it adheres. Put the pork in the baking pan.

In a medium bowl, stir together the potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, onion, and reserved 1 teaspoon brown sugar mixture. Place around the pork. Lightly spray the pork and vegetables with cooking spray.

Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour for the pork loin roast (40 to 45 minutes for the pork tenderloin), or until the pork registers 160°F on an instant-read thermometer and the vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing the pork.

Hope Your Week's Great,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Len
Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: A Diabetic Friendly Sunday Dinner
7/15/2013 3:18:20 PM
Hi Phil what a great recipe! Looks very yummy! Thanks for sharing will certainly give this a try soon. :)
Wishing you all the best!
Len

Start a 2nd income and get out of debt! http://alturl.com/aw4yv
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Diabetic Friendly Sunday Dinner
7/15/2013 8:35:19 PM

Hi Len,

Great to see you my Friend. Thanks for stopping by to visit. Glad you liked the recipe and I hope you and you family enjoy it.

Have A Great Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!