Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Teen photographer scores big hit with tiny people
7/5/2013 1:22:47 AM
Zev Hoover creates his surreal perspective by making humans look like miniature figurines.

Teen’s ‘Little Folk’ Photos Mix Fantasy and Reality for an Online Hit

At just 14, Zev Hoover certainly has his own perspective on the world. The young artist’s whimsical photo series, “Little Folk/Fiddle Oak,” in which humans look like tiny figurines set against fanciful real backdrops, has garnered a lot of attention online. Hoover uses Photoshop to put the surreal pictures together. “I made a little raft out of Popsicle sticks and a candle and a leaf, and I shoot a picture of the people and try to match the lighting as close as possible, Hoover said, explaining how a shot of kids floating on a raft in a lake came to be. (Click here to watch Hoover on “GMA LIVE!”). Hoover draws inspiration from his hobbies like building model planes, which inspired a series with paper planes, and his interest in magic tricks, which brought on a card theme. Click through to see photos of his fantasy world.

View full gallery here

(All photos Good Morning America / Photo By Flickr.com/Fiddleoak / Mon, July 1, 2013 )

P.S. This boy is a genius!

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Teen photographer scores big hit with tiny people
7/5/2013 9:54:07 PM

These are wonderful.

Thank you for your brilliant forum subject.

I really enjoyed these.

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/6/2013 12:35:42 AM

I too was amazed, Roger. This boy really has art in his veins. He has used creativity in the form of innovation by very artistically combining photos of himself with original backgrounds to get impact images. Bravo!

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/6/2013 12:50:54 AM
On the other hand, there was no great merit in bringing this up into a topic here. Periodically Yahoo and some of the art websites that I am connected with (notably the Art Renewal Center.com) offer news reports and articles from the world of art and I make it a purpose to post them in this forum, but not always do I have enough time to do so.

At present I have no less than three or maybe four recent articles and art-related notes awaiting their turn but again, I don't know if I will be able to post them here. I am so sorry about that.

Miguel

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/6/2013 8:27:22 PM

Miguel,

Time, like fire, is a great friend but can be a terrible enemy.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!