Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Interesting things around us
6/2/2014 5:04:32 AM
Albatrosses can stay airborne for several months at a time!

The wandering albatross (Diomedea exulans) is an oceanic bird that flies low over the sea's surface, scooping up prey such as squid, fish, and other marine animals. The wanderingalbatross, a name that aptly describes it's long travels, is well-adapted to lengthy, continous flight.

The wandering albatross has a wingspan of up to 11 feet, the widest wingspan of any bird. The bird's expansive wings enable it to glide efficiently through the air, spending at times several months airborne. The albatross' bill is well-suited for capturing fish and other creatures from the water, with a hooked tip and razor-like edges. Unlike most other birds, the albatross' nostrils are small tubes located on the upper sides of their bill (instead of fused nostrils at the top of the bill).
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/30/2014 5:29:52 PM
It is not lava!
Park_of_California.jpg
Horsetail Fall is seasonal waterfall that flows in winter and early spring in Yosemite National Park of California. every year during the last two weeks of February as the sun sets behind the horizon line and everything begin to go dark, sunlight will hit and reflect off the falls at the exact right angle creating a spectacular albeit short lived effect, which looks like a beautiful lava fall
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/30/2014 5:39:22 PM
The River of Five Colors!

River_of_Five_Colors.jpg

In Colombia, Rio Cano Castales, or the ‘river of five colors’, is a special place where for a brief period of time every year when the conditions are just right, the river explodes with vibrant colors your eyes won’t believe. During the short span between the wet and dry season, when the water level is just right, a unique species of plant that lines the river floor called Macaroni clavigera turns a brilliant red. It is offset by splotches of yellow and green sand, blue water, and countless shades in between
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/22/2014 4:56:36 PM
Toothpick City !

It took Stan Munro (38) 6 years to build this toothpick city.
He used 6 million toothpicks and 170 liters of glue. Each of his creations is built to 1:164 scale.

He works at the Museum of Science and Technology in Syracuse, New York (USA).

toothpiccity01.jpg

toothpiccity02.jpg

toothpiccity03.jpg

toothpiccity04.jpg

toothpiccity05.jpg

toothpiccity06.jpg

toothpiccity07.jpg

toothpiccity08.jpg

toothpiccity09.jpg

toothpiccity10.jpg
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/22/2014 5:35:09 PM
Wonderful!

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!