Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bob
Bob Shoaf

202 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Southwestern USA gardening
5/18/2013 1:14:44 PM
Gardening here in the high desert of New Mexico can be a challenge.

First the pH is at and usually over 8.0. Not a good start. lol

Once I ran an ad, in the fall, in the local paper asking for leaves bagged of course. I got several calls from people laughing about anyone crazy enough to want leaves. Obviously they knew nothing about gardening or lowering the pH.

I've started gardening seriously a couple years ago. I have a mentor who has gardened all his life and was one of the first master gardeners in our county a couple decades ago. That first year was quite an experience. I learned a lot from him. I asked lots of questions. We've known him for years. Lucy got her first teaching job with him back in the 80's.

I use strictly drip irrigation with a fertilizer injector. I got a late start this year, so no lettuce. It gets too warm from early June on through the summer.

But that's my beginning story.

Hope all is having a very nice weekend.
I teach Network Marketers how to Brand themselves, generate Leads, build Relationships and Grow Themselves & Their Teams! www.Bob55.com All for Free in your company! Bob Shoaf (575) 415-8671 Cell Anytime A Mentor with a Servants Heart
+1
David Rowland

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Southwestern USA gardening
5/26/2013 1:57:53 AM
Your right, gardening in the desert can be very challenging. You can boost your fertilizer program by using coffee grounds, tea grounds, crushed eggshells, epsom salts, composting, and more.

Daves Wire Creations --- Handcrafted wire wrap jewelry http://www.DavesWireCreations.artfire.com
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!