Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Quotes about " Mothers
5/10/2013 3:19:49 AM

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~ Tenneva Jordan

She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along. ~ Margaret Culkin Banning

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~ Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

Thanks to my mother, not a single cardboard box has found its way back into society. We receive gifts in boxes from stores that went out of business twenty years ago. ~ Erma Bombeck

When I stopped seeing my mother with the eyes of a child, I saw the woman who helped me give birth to myself.~ Nancy Friday

“A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones. ” ~ Kristin Hannah, Summer Island

“Be a Mother who is committed to loving her children into standing on higher ground than the environment surrounding them. Mothers are endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the earth.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much. ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

Most mothers are instinctive philosophers. ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone

Women do not have to sacrifice personhood if they are mothers. They do not have to sacrifice motherhood in order to be persons. Liberation was meant to expand women's opportunities, not to limit them. The self-esteem that has been found in new pursuits can also be found in mothering. ~ Elaine Heffner
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!