Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Approaching Affiliate Marketing
5/4/2013 1:12:34 AM

How are you approaching a career in Affiliate marketing?

When it comes to affiliate marketing it would seem that everyone has their own ideas on how to approach it, and at times (at least to me) it can get very complex!

I think everyone can agree that you want to look at the long term and not just the shiny new thing being promoted in the hopes that you will make an income and yet that is what many people do day after day and they wonder why nothing is happening. (On a side note and one worth noting did you know that the AdlandPro affiliate program has been paying people a steady income for years and years now? mind boggling isn't it?)

Before I get to approaching Affiliate marketing, I want to touch base on a few things people are doing where they keep going wrong....

1. People keep choosing domain names because they sound so cool ( I did that once so I know how this happens). Choosing a domain name that targets your niche or keyword phrase is a much better strategy if you want to become an authority site

2. How many of you have gone to a website that has maybe one or two posts that are boring, a sales page or written so badly you click as fast as you can to get away ( bounce rate). The fact is if people have no reason to stay on your site..they will leave. Keeping your content unique and of quality and yes consistent will cover a lot of territory,from keeping Google happy and to ( me more important) keeping people reading and staying on your site.

3. Here is a question for one and all...how many of you know SEO? Well you better learn because it is through implementing keyword research that you can discover what people are looking for and then learn how to target those keywords in a way that will provide interest to your readers..guess what? This is what gets traffic to your site and wow create sales!

OK.. I went on a tangent there, sorry about that..let get back to approaches shall we?

Here is a reality check for everyone, if you want to make money and you want to sustain sales and have people coming back to you again and again, you need to choose and promote products or services that are high quality, that are relevant to the industry that you are targeting and ones that are credible ( love that word credible as it is so important to everything you want to do in life ..business or pleasure)

so....

Here are some questions to ask yourself and be honest with yourself

1 Have you used the product yourself? when you know the ins and outs of a product or service, then you are truly in a position of knowing.

2. Trick question...Are you trying to make a quick buck without thinking about your website long term?

3.Are you recommending things that will help people?

4. Would others recommend your site?

5. Would others share on social media sites?

If you can answer these questions honestly in respect to that affiliate product you are looking at and you like your answers, then chances are you have started on an affiliate marketing career.

Diane Bjorling
+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Approaching Affiliate Marketing
5/4/2013 4:50:37 AM
Thanks Diane!
You have that gift of simplifying things that look like bugbear, and it is easy to get what are ins and what are outs i affiliate marketing.
Thanks you very much.
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/4/2013 2:42:26 PM
Your very welcome Branka...I normally make the effort to keep things as simple as possible as we all get overwhelmed with too much information and it can make any process more complicated. I know others have their thoughts and opinions..these are mine :-)

Quote:
Thanks Diane!
You have that gift of simplifying things that look like bugbear, and it is easy to get what are ins and what are outs i affiliate marketing.
Thanks you very much.
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/4/2013 3:31:20 PM
Hi Diane,

I love your info. Like Branka said you make so simple.
I have signed up to ba affiliate of ALP, even have gotten a sign up. but haven't done anything. I am having trouble getting back into anything. When you lose so many times, and I know this would not happen here, but I still am having problems convincing myself. The programs I was in, were wonderful, no down line needed to make money, yet they were called bad ventures. All money was taken away. After so many of these(4-45) it left me with an attitude of who cares. Also, maybe a little lazy. So that is where I am today, trying to convince myself to get to work.

Any Ideas, let me know.

Your thoughts and post have been good for me, so
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/4/2013 4:09:23 PM
Good morning Myrna :-)

Number one, I'm glad that you appreciated what I said and thank you for your compliment, I really do like simple lol

When you have been burned over and over again, well I guess your attitude is perfectly normal, I know I personally would be questioning myself and wondering if I had the oomph to try again, so please understand that I really do understand what you are saying.

I know that Dave has a group started for affiliates of Adlandpro, not sure what is going on with it right this second, as I have..oh dear how many tabs up this second? lol Here is the group URL http://community.adlandpro.com/group/7057/Adlandpro-Affiliate-Group.aspx

For now, why not just relax and learn slowly...If you have accounts set up on FB, Twitter and are being active there, then when on the wall, just share with those two networks for now.

The key to anything is taking that first step forward.. don't try to sell, just share. Be active on those two networks. Make friends with people and just be yourself. As time moves on and you feel comfortable doing this one simple task, then you can be taught other skills.

I think people try too hard at times and it creates all kinds of problems. You know Adlandpro..you know what it is offering people....talk from a position of knowledge right this moment.

Bogdan has started a new course which tells you the product and how people can get use out of this affiliate program.

Read and study it...just so you can get a real understanding.

am I making sense?

Diane

Quote:
Hi Diane,

I love your info. Like Branka said you make so simple.
I have signed up to ba affiliate of ALP, even have gotten a sign up. but haven't done anything. I am having trouble getting back into anything. When you lose so many times, and I know this would not happen here, but I still am having problems convincing myself. The programs I was in, were wonderful, no down line needed to make money, yet they were called bad ventures. All money was taken away. After so many of these(4-45) it left me with an attitude of who cares. Also, maybe a little lazy. So that is where I am today, trying to convince myself to get to work.

Any Ideas, let me know.

Your thoughts and post have been good for me, so
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!