Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
How to Get Whatever You Want!
5/1/2013 11:15:35 PM
I love these kinds of titles and at times wish that I could have thought of them lol. I especially love reading posts that are positive and give people a good message.

When it comes to online marketing , you will hear a lot of rhetoric and the same style of message given again and again. It's refreshing to read something that goes that extra step and helps clarify goals and "how to get what you want"

I cant tell you exactly why I liked what Lillian Leon wrote..maybe it was the part where she said

"For example, if you want to start your own business, rather than stating your goal as “Work for myself”, your goal may be to “Start an online store for natural pet products by 30 November 2013″.
You have to set a date for when you’ll reach your goal, or you could drift on forever thinking you’ll get there ‘some day’. And we all know what ‘some day’ means!"

or maybe it was how to think of the word "SMART"

Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Realistic
Timely

whatever the reason, this is a good article to read and to take to heart. It comes from experience and it may help you

+2
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: How to Get Whatever You Want!
5/4/2013 6:04:48 AM

10_1_136.gifHi Diane,

I like this title. I'm not quite sure though what I want. I know that the title refers to money, a successful venture in the marketing field, perhaps a new car and a chance to take a vacation of your dreams. Aside from all that I believe that what I want, or perhaps a better way to phrase it would be 'would like to have' is respect. I am the youngest of ten, and my other brothers and sisters were all successful in their lives. They all went to college and my older brother went to Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. However, I noticed that although they had very successful careers, spent a lot of time within their career environment and provided a great home and education for their children, if you ask them anything that pertains to outside their protected cacoon, they could not answer you. I am proud of them, however at the same time their path in life makes me very sad. I have struggled pretty much my whole life because I did not want to be a carbon copy of everyone else. I saw my father work two jobs and on the days that he wasn't working he sold Pop Corn in his Pop Corn truck. In the summer, after he retired, he rented a Hot Dog Stand at a local beach. Therefore, when I turned twelve, my next seven summers would be spent cooking hot dogs, hamburghers, steak, and at times Ham for Ham sandwiches. When not doing that, I would be scooping ice cream, pouring sodas, or cleaning up. I believe I was given a $5.00 a week allowance. My friends would come down to the stand and ask if I could go to the movies with them,or to the county fairs but I couldn't because I had to work. Once in a great while I was allowed to go, but was never given that much to spend.

As I got older, I worked. One job. Not two, and no other ventures on the side. I did try a few ventures along the way, however during all that time I read alot. index.jpgI read three books, (thick bools) on theology and on completed that, I read three books on Ancient Roman History. A lot of the Roman history matched up with events in the theology books. The main reason that I did this was because in school I became very dissappointed in the one sided view on history. This habit continued when I served in the Air Force and as I was stationed at Lajes Field, Azores in 1964 and 1965 I was a long ways from Viet Nam and had plenty of time to study. Basically, I self taught myself in subjects that I wanted to learn more about. Without going into long details, the subjects that I was most interested in included Religion, Ufology, and Politics. Ufology is prominant on my list 540.gifbecause I have had several experiences in the field and interviewed people on their experiences.

On the subject of marketing, as you know, I recently ventured into the Survival Food category. I posted this link on my websitefoodstorage.gifthat takes you right to the company that I am an affiliate for. However, I am not sure if it is set up properly and if 100 people ordered from this company I would not get a cent. However, I don't care. You see, I don't believe I ever expected to be rich, nor did I ever expect to have a smooth ride through life. The reason that I waited so long to even try to go into a venture is quite simple. Even though I joke a lot, (I have to. I look loke Yoda naturally) and even though I would like for things to be better, I can't compromise myself. I have to believe fully in a product before I can advertise it. I am not going to tell you that I received a check for $300.00 in the first week if I didn't. I am not going to say that Shirley and I are going out to eat, but first I want to share this fantastic opportunity with you, unless we are going out to eat and it is fantastic. In short, I am not going to lie to get your business. I have my beliefs and reasons for those beliefs. I do believe that with all the storms, floods, wildfires and other natural disasters taken place around the world it will not be long before grocery prices skyrocket. If you start to order survival food, a little at a time, you will be able to survive. Unfortunetely, we are living in a time when we can see the changes that are leading to the end times, and we can no longer rely on our governments to help us. I love the fact that I was born and raised in the United States of America, (If my father were still alive I believe he would want to go back to Quebec, {People talk funny there}) but I don't like all the secrecy like they mat have to cut back on Medicaid and Medicare because there is not enough money. Of course not, the CIA is giving it all to a WarLord to protect us against the WarLords (Where is Yoda when you need him?)

I am me. I don't expect everyone to like my jokes or agree with my reasonings, I just ask that you respect me. By the way, if anyone knows that Blonde with the Space Craft, tell her I'm looking for her. Shirley doeasn't believe in UFO's or Aliens, and besides that she thinks they are creepy? (If you don't believe they exists, how can they be creepy) So, if she doesn't believe in them and if I took a ride in the Space Craft......she wouldn'y believe me anyway........so, I could tell her the truth and get away with it.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

smogmeinichols3.jpg

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+2
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/4/2013 7:59:41 PM

Mike? I have read your story 4 times now, because every time I would read I would get something new out of your words...how can I answer 4 different insights in on comment...no idea!

What I will say is a humble thank you for your insights and your sharing of your story, because it is important.

Many people get bitten with the marketing bug and in many ways I liken it to an addiction because in many ways people act the same way as a person looking for their next "high". I will always maintain that marketing should be looked at as a job and it can be a well paying job, when you learn how to do it, but it requires commitment and a willingness to learn. Not everyone is suited to it, me being one of them by the way...but here is an oxymoron for you, when we are online and even offline, we are always selling something, whether it be a movie we watched, UFO's and our wanting people to hear us or sharing the love of art, pets or even music.

I have no answers ..lots of questions though...lol

When I see what I wrote on this post, what I conclude is that for us to get anywhere, we do need to be organized and have a strategy...sometimes it is conscious..other times it is just part of who we are.

I like the meaning of "smart" because it is a good start to achieving goals that are indeed realistic, achievable ( one teeny step at a time) and measurable..whether it be money, lifestyle or even a smile from another person.

Thank you soooooooo much for sharing your thoughts and wisdom.. all kidding aside, we could all learn from you.
+2
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/5/2013 2:40:13 AM

10_1_136.gifHi Diane,

Perhaps I was trying to convey the fact that when there is too much to learn to make a program work, it would probably not be the right venture for me. Supposedly, the link that appears on my website is the correct one,however even though I have posted adverts on it and am now beginning to post it on other communities there has not been a single hit. My affiliate account shows no activity. Therefore, even when I follow instructions to the Tee I still walk away empty. I guess to sum up my first lengthy post it would be safe to say that through the years I have gathered a lot of knowledge on various topics,spending long hours in the process, and allowed the rest of the world to pass me by. I have no one to blame but myself, although I don't care to blame myself because I also learned to be kind towards others and tolerant for those like myself that don't seem to be able to learn simple tasks.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

smogmeinichols3.jpg

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/5/2013 3:29:12 AM
You are the second or third person Michael, who has said something similar. Here is my question to you... if you had to put a course to teach people how to market..what would be some of the things that you would want and need to learn?

I am asking this mostly out of curiosity, but also wanting to understand the real issues people are having. I think people create courses and kind of forget that they are dealing with real people... if you can help me understand..I would be so appreciative

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!