Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Handmade
4/29/2013 6:39:17 AM
+3
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Handmade
4/29/2013 3:59:13 PM
that is awesome Lydia.. I wonder if you can get instructions on how to make this?
+1
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2013 4:26:24 PM
Diane,
I came across this picture on the Internet, and these dolls I liked, but I do not know what country make such gifts.
Maybe in Serbia?
Let's ask Branka!
It is clear picture of how to do it, I'll try when I find the time and a suitable yarn
Will You?
Lydia.

+1
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2013 4:56:01 PM
Healing doll "To your health" is only done in linen thread, as the flax for its natural properties are very environmentally friendly, takes the disease itself, thus helps a person to get better.
This doll does not decorated and does not tolerate noise, but on the contrary, it should do, trying to be in a state of goodness, concentrating his thoughts about the sick person for whom it is done.
You can light a candle and say prayers or incantations.
Fell ill child doll is placed in a crib, he can play with it, and as soon as the illness go away, the doll is burned.
Braiding braid the doll must condemn, "To your health, the health." At the end of the manufacture and transfer of the patient to say, "To your health."

+1
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2013 5:04:08 PM
Doll - talisman Paraskeva Friday

One of the most important symbols in times of deep paganism in Russia was a female deity Makos. She was considered a goddess in charge of the fate of her guardian, weaving the threads of fate that which is worshiped and revered by our ancestors.
Her image is eventually transformed into a ritual doll Paraskeva, in Greek - Friday. So far, it is believed that a rag doll is the guardian of the hearth, his well-being, healing the mental and physical ailments, is the patroness of women's work. She was regarded as an assistant in all matters and especially in the arts.
Doll amulet traditionally had to have flowing hair, symbolizing the prayers and requests of our ancestors to the gods. In the hands of a doll is a spindle, a symbol of needlework. Her hands were tied with strings, the value of which - an appeal to the higher powers.
Thus, the red threads - an appeal to the wisdom of the ancestors, and blue - a higher intelligence. Deployed on the palms necessarily sit birds that emphasize its deity embodying a mistress of heaven, heavenly spinner.
Women were asking Dolls Paraskeva with the work and made her the guardian of small items that they used in needlework. These were thimbles, needles, ruffles, spindle, lace and ribbons. They hung on his hands, saying: "The wards, Mother Paraskeva, from the evil eye-prizora."

Source: Doll - Ward Paraskeva-Friday Folk dolls on www.krupenichka.ru

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!