Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Teach and Learn
4/25/2013 5:39:18 PM
Quote:
Hi Branka,

A wiser way to eliminate all dichotomies (yin-yang, action-contemplation, matter-spirit) would be to stop seeing them as opposites and rather see them as complementary. We know the ages-old identification of the East with contemplation and of the West with action, but such identification should not be absolute. Materialism and spiritualism are but extreme views where even the most stubborn materialist cannot
deny spirit exists - even if he calls it intellect or mind - and where even the most stubborn spiritualist cannot deny matter exists - even if he calls it absence of spirit or mere illusion.

The real problem lies in the fact that the West has lost all true spirituality and made materialism its sole business, while the East still maintains (even if increasingly endangered) its spirituality by clearly affirming its superiority and even its transcendence over materialism (that is, of contemplation over action). In fact, action (implying change) is but a temporary modification of transcendence and should be subordinate to contemplation, which has the quality of the eternal.

All present evils are attributable to this dichotomy. Movement and change are only sought in themselves, and not as a function of any real objective - with instability following as a direct consequence. Even in the scientific field it is like that; it is investigation for the cause of investigation, a rapid succession of theories and hypotheses without any real basis, soon to be replaced by new ones equally replaceable (anybody mentioned the Hadron Collider?)

Hugs,

Miguel

Thanks Miguel.

Until today, in many attempts to overcome world issues, there could be found 3 active models and 1 which we can name "a must" .

1st (most powerful) was a fight

2nd was transcention

3rd apstraction

4th compulsion, with it's subsections : rebels and reactionaires.

Until I haven't found one tiny crack within this circulous vitiosus, I have spent years and years, and to me personally was approach, which you suggest here, most acceptable. Abstracting something brings least harm and opens the door to a valuable agreements.

But all that abstraction enables is SUSTAINING (OR PRESERVING) ALREADY EXISTING (content, methodology, instruments).

I am here not talking about preserving solution, but about bringing total new stuff.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!