Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Chasing Shadows
4/19/2013 3:38:59 AM
As many of you may know I am a social media fanatic and I love reading different things from so many people on all the networks. There is a fellow I have known for over 4 yrs now by the name of Danny Brown ( this link will go to his G+ page).
He wrote a post that was so beautiful that I want to share it with you here. It is titled

From the moment we can, we’re forever chasing shadows.

As children, we chase the shadow of ourselves that the streetlight throws in front of us.

As teenagers, we chase the impossible date with the most popular boy or girl.

As adults, we chase the dream job that never happens, or the pot of gold we never reach.

We know – subconsciously or otherwise – that some shadows can never be caught, and yet we chase them anyway.

And the damage is catastrophic.

People chase after opportunities around the world and watch marriages collapse because of it. People chase popularity online and see children forget who they are. The damage gets done; and yet still we chase the elusive shadows.

Some shadows we catch, and it makes the chase worthwhile. But for how long? The make-up of a shadow means it’s always on the move; can we afford to always be on the move too?

We all make choices every day – some have a clear outcome, some don’t. The clear ones may not be the most rewarding financially, but money never cured a broken soul.

The non-clear ones live in the shadows, and the thrill of the chase appears again. Some of us succumb; some step away and accept the futility of chasing that particular shadow.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with chasing shadows; there is something inherently wrong chasing futile shadows.

Me? I kinda like the Dalai Lama’s take.

You? The decision is up to you.

+3
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Chasing Shadows
4/19/2013 4:50:52 AM
I may not agree with the Dalai Lama on all things, but I must say that he is an observant man and from his observations offers some real words of wisdom.

These are sound words, indeed.

Dave
+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/19/2013 5:08:52 AM
Thanks Diane!

I might agree with all said by The Dalai Lama, and with all comments on his quote which really sound reasonable, but not without asking a question lol.

ARE WE APPRECIATIVE TO THE POSSIBILITY TO CHASE SHADOWS :) ?
+1
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/19/2013 8:35:16 AM
+0
4/19/2013 12:39:30 PM

I have to agree with the Dalai Lama on his insight.
Tracy Seehagel Your Partner in Success Honesty . Integrity. Results Driven.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!