Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9 Netiquette Reminders For Today’s Link Builders
4/16/2013 7:06:41 PM

Quite a while ago I wrote a post about Social Etiquette - Where are Your Manners? which has had over 200 views, which says to me people are interested in this topic.

I would like to share with you a continuation of that topic by sharing an article that I read which deals with the subject of netiquette and link building.

A few of the points you will see are:

"Don’t Link Spam Me On Twitter" which talks about when someone follows you, you don’t have to auto-tweet them back a “thank you for following me” tweet. ( On a personal note..will someone please explain to me why people use those Twitter validating services?)

and

" Please Don’t Tell Me How To Link To Your Site" and I have to tell you I love how Eric Ward worded this - Let me decide if I feel your site is something I want to link to.

"For many years, email was one of just a few ways you could share a URL with another person. And, people were far less accepting of link request spam than they are today.

So, for today’s column, let’s talk about the ancient concept of net etiquette and link building. In many ways, it’s come full circle and is as relevant today (if not more so) as ever..... read more"

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!