Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Iceland
4/11/2013 1:20:13 AM
Hi Chris and all,

Thanks for this interesting topic. I have always felt special attraction for Iceland, don't know exactly why as I mostly love tropical beaches and like sceneries. But among the few things that may have contributed to enhance this attraction was the Fischer-Spassky World Chess Championship Match of 1972 in Reykjavik (I used to be a chess fan back then), a great historical novel I read some twenty years ago
(Iceland's Bell by Nobel prize-winning Icelandic author Halldór Kiljan Laxness) and, mainly, my dear Moses, a stray dog I found four or five years ago in a seafront park near the place where I live and which I bought to my home that same day, as I felt very attracted to him out of compassion and also for his handsome looks and joyful nature. Well, only recently did I learn he is an Icelandic sheep dog, I only needed to see a couple of photos on the net by chance to realize he was. Prior to this, I used to think he was a Himalayan ship dog from assurances a Hindu passer-by made saying he had seen hundreds exactly like him in his home town in North India. Here is a picture of my Moses taken about three years ago.

Moses
And here is one of the photos I saw on the net.

Don't know her name (it's a she actually)

Ah, another thing that has deeply made me admire Iceland and Icelandic people is the fact that it is the only country in the world that has fought recession not by helping the banksters who caused it but helping its nationals and sending the banksters to jail (this is what some papers said
at least).

Thank you again,
Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+4
4/11/2013 11:35:39 AM
Thank you everyone. I am glad you like the forum. (My business plug is next....lol) as a representative of Worldventures, they have dream trips to reykjavik. I will post them here for you to review. Hopefully, in the future you take one and we can meet, chat, hangout at the Blue Lagoon and have coffee. Thanks again to you all!
CHRISTOPHER M SHADDOCK Wellness Enthusiast/Budding Entrepreneur
+2
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/11/2013 12:27:58 PM

Christopher, Certainly if I plan a trip then I shall contact you.

Miguel, I'm sure Christopher will recognise you lovely Moses as an Icelandic breed. Very lovely.

This is a really pleasant change for a forum.

Roger

+3
4/11/2013 4:31:13 PM
Wow! Nice place! Thanks for the info.
Do you know that affiliate marketing is one of the best way to earn online? Learning on how to do blogging will speed up your income. Visit my site here.. https://luisa.club/best-selling-amazon-products/
+3
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/11/2013 5:46:55 PM

10_1_136.gifHi Chris,

First, I would like to thank my good friend Sir Walter Rawleigh (I mean Roger), for recommending this fantastic thread to me. It is so refreshing to here from someone that has nice things to say about his country, rather than all that is wrong with it. I, also, have also wanted to visit Iceland. I sure hope the women there are not cold towards others. Wouln't it be nice to get a group discount for Adlanders? By the way, for people that would like to take an Ocean cruise, what is the rate of exchange in Iceland compared to USD? Would the lodging be compared to U.S. two star accomadations or more like four or five star accomadations? (I don't believe that is spelled right) What would be most important to me would be, what kind of coffee is served? If it is Starbucks I would have to bring along a container of Folgers Supreme for my trip, because I don't like drinking flavored mud at $5.00 a cup. Also, I promote singers that sing clean music. Does the Cruise Line employ entertainers?, and if so, could they use some fresh styles?

As I enjoy this fresh new approach in topics, I am willing to include whatever information that you could give me about your travel business on my website free of charge. I believe that the most important thing that those who travel abroad would like to know is what type of wall outlets are used? In other words, If I plugged my electric razor in a wall socket would I get a clean shave?, or would I get electricuted?

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

smogmeinichols3.jpg540.gif

What are chances of seeing one of these while I'm there?

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+3

facebook
Like us on Facebook!