Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Quotes about "Work"
4/9/2013 4:04:53 PM

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
~ Confucius

All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.
~ Robert Frost

A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened.
~ Albert Camus

Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.
~ Anne Frank

For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did. And I get the sweats. I go in and start working, I'm not sure where I'm going. If I knew where I was going I wouldn't do it.
~ Frank Gehry

I've learned from experience that if you work harder at it, and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from the work.
~ Louis C. K.

There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.
~ Henry Ford

Work is not man's punishment. It is his reward and his strength and his pleasure.
~ George Sand

The biggest job we have is to teach a newly hired employee how to fail intelligently. We have to train him to experiment over and over and to keep on trying and failing until he learns what will work.
~ Charles Kettering

My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.
~ Maya Angelo
+3
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Quotations on "Work"
4/9/2013 6:54:11 PM
Some of these I can really relate to; some more on some days and others more on other days... hopefully not too many like the Gehry quote... lol

Dave
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2013 7:19:07 PM
Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it.
[info][add][mail][note]
Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2013 8:14:32 PM
I saw some quotes on "work" that had me laughing so hard..but would have had people being a little red faced...ha ha ha. Trust me I also relate to some of these quotes ^-^

Quote:
Some of these I can really relate to; some more on some days and others more on other days... hopefully not too many like the Gehry quote... lol

Dave
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2013 8:15:33 PM
very nice Roger and thanks for the addition to this forum...

Quote:
Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it.
[info][add][mail][note]
Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!