Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Quotes about "Leadership"
4/9/2013 3:34:34 PM

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.
~ Nelson Mandela

A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.
~ Lao Tzu

I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out.
~ Stephen Covey

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
~ John Quincy Adams

People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.
~ Theodore Roosevelt

Enlightened leadership is spiritual if we understand spirituality not as some kind of religious dogma or ideology but as the domain of awareness where we experience values like truth, goodness, beauty, love and compassion, and also intuition, creativity, insight and focused attention.
~ Deepak Chopra

Leadership is unlocking people's potential to become better.
~ Bill Bradley

Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It's being able to take it as well as dish it out. That's the only way you're going to get respect from the players.
~ Larry Bird

Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish.
~ Sam Walton

Without initiative, leaders are simply workers in leadership positions.
~ Bo Bennett

Leaders must encourage their organizations to dance to forms of music yet to be heard.
~ Warren G. Bennis

+2
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Quotes about "Leadership"
4/10/2013 7:37:58 PM
+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/10/2013 7:45:04 PM

+2
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/10/2013 9:26:51 PM
I agree with all except one and that is Nelson Mandela's (God rest His Soul) which I semi agree with because I believe you can only lead from behind by building the leaders that step forward and take the front line so you can plan for the next steps ahead.

Quote:

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.
~ Nelson Mandela

A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.
~ Lao Tzu

I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out.
~ Stephen Covey

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
~ John Quincy Adams

People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.
~ Theodore Roosevelt

Enlightened leadership is spiritual if we understand spirituality not as some kind of religious dogma or ideology but as the domain of awareness where we experience values like truth, goodness, beauty, love and compassion, and also intuition, creativity, insight and focused attention.
~ Deepak Chopra

Leadership is unlocking people's potential to become better.
~ Bill Bradley

Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It's being able to take it as well as dish it out. That's the only way you're going to get respect from the players.
~ Larry Bird

Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish.
~ Sam Walton

Without initiative, leaders are simply workers in leadership positions.
~ Bo Bennett

Leaders must encourage their organizations to dance to forms of music yet to be heard.
~ Warren G. Bennis

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/10/2013 9:39:00 PM
HI Jim :-)
I am so glad to see you, been too long ( yet again)
Funny thing about quotes is how we read them and our perspectives based on so many factors.
When I read this one the wording had me reading it again and again to understand what was being said and I tend to agree with how you are seeing things.

What is a leader? What are the attributes of leadership? What kind of leaders are there and I guess it ends up with ..what kind of leader will you be?

Diane

I agree with all except one and that is Nelson Mandela's (God rest His Soul) which I semi agree with because I believe you can only lead from behind by building the leaders that step forward and take the front line so you can plan for the next steps ahead.
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!