Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
International events
3/23/2013 8:04:30 PM

Earth Hour

Today, March 23 - Earth Hour - an annual international event held by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). Is held on the last Saturday of March and calls all - individuals, organizations, schools, municipalities, commercial establishments - turn off the lights and other non-vital electrical appliances for one hour (except the elevators) to stimulate interest in the problem of climate change, energy, the unification of mankind. For the first time the event was organized by the World Wildlife Fund in Australia in conjunction with the publication of The Sydney Morning Herald. In 2007, the next year with the support of the world, and in 2009, has become the largest mass action in human history - an estimated WWF, it touched more than a billion people in the world.

Earth Hour 2013

In 2013, the campaign "Earth Hour" took place the week before: not the last Saturday of March (30th), and in the penultimate (March 23). This is due to the fact that many countries in the night from 30 to 31 March was transferred hours of daylight, and on March 30 this year, had the Holy Saturday (Western Christianity).
The rally was held under the slogan "Your turn - my turn: Challenge the world to save the planet!"

In Russia today, this action supported by 70 cities.

Moscow has supported the World Earth Hour. In the framework of the Kremlin off the light was turned off lights 86 high-rise buildings in the city, including the skyscrapers of Moscow State University and illumination recreation park "Sokolniki".
St. Petersburg - the hour was extinguished lights of the Winter Palace, Palace Square and Peter and Paul Fortress

+3
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: International events
3/23/2013 8:30:04 PM
Thanks Lydia

I got notice of the Turn Off today. US is doing it at 8:30 p.m.until 9:30. I plan to turn lights off for 1 hour at 8:30
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+3
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/24/2013 7:50:55 AM
Thank you Lydia!

I've seen this thread yesterday, but didn't have time to comment.
Anyhow, to me personally each day is an Earth Day :), but it feels great to watch at new awareness that shows up world wide.

So far, we do not have another planet to live :).

Have a great Sunday friend!

+2
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/24/2013 11:03:25 AM

I have a challenge.

My wife refuses to turn off the lights, she says '' ridiculous''.

Oh dear.

+2
4/3/2013 1:55:58 AM
we will always keep this active and protect our earth.
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!