Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
My Aha Moment!
3/9/2013 4:14:21 PM
My Aha Moment|Adlandpro discussion

There are many blogs I follow for a variety of reasons, to get the news, to entertain me and to make me think. Seth Godin is one of those people who makes me think and when I read this particular post, I had one of those aha moments

The worst feedback is indifference

We armor ourselves against the cutting remark, the ad hominem attack, the person who just doesn't like our stuff.

But all of this is the feedback we get when we touch a nerve and are doing work that matters enough to care about.

No, the worst sort of feedback is no feedback at all. That means we've created nothing but banality.

source

Why are we so afraid of standing up and speaking how we feel...when did we become so apathetic that saying nothing has become the norm and at least to me..that silence is deafening. We cant make changes to make things better if we do not say something..not to hurt...not to offend, but to make things better, to improve our lives one way or another......

Just my aha moment this Saturday morning

+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: My Aha Moment!
3/9/2013 6:29:34 PM
Diane,

Thanks for sharing such important Aha moment.

Without being Adlander at the end of 2009 and first half of 2010, when was one turbulent and almost revolutionary moment here and world wide, I'd never learn how terribly bad is loving dear friends by motherly love :).

How stupid I felt after saying my first Aha in those matters!!! But things were done, words were said, and victims of my love and appreciation have fortunately survived :). In light of your comment, now I re-think if it could be better if I succeed in being silent? May be.

Just wished to say, if we are indifferent, does not necessarily mean that we are silent before banality, because we can just leave up to time to make the other to think twice.

Thanks for rising up level of thinking emulsion in my brain :)). This is my SINGING SATURDAY, broken by one smart, nicely written ALP Aha :).

Enjoy your Saturday and each your Aha moment. And do not forget to share it :)

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/9/2013 8:03:28 PM
Hi Diane and Branka,

I like this aha moment. I so agree we need to speak up and tell what we think. If however we ever offend anyone, we also need to go to them for forgiveness and get the issue settled asap.
I think Branka it goes back to everything" happens for a reason". There was a reason things were said and done. Sometimes we never know what the reason was, but it served the purpose. So forgive yourself and move on.

I hope you understand what I am saying, because this really goes with love. Love for to make things better, love for caring, love for one another. Like Jill said Love is the answer. AND she is right
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/9/2013 8:19:03 PM
Hi Branka :-) you always have a way that makes me think and yes there are those times when being quiet and thinking twice before we say things is wisdom. I think where I am coming from and its something I am noticing is that people are becoming more indifferent to what is going on around them, maybe because we are all on information overload, there are just so many things going on that to take on even one more issue is just too much. When we stop caring, then we will have problems that can and will impact on every aspect of our lives and that bothers me... a lot!

Quote:
Diane,

Thanks for sharing such important Aha moment.

Without being Adlander at the end of 2009 and first half of 2010, when was one turbulent and almost revolutionary moment here and world wide, I'd never learn how terribly bad is loving dear friends by motherly love :).

How stupid I felt after saying my first Aha in those matters!!! But things were done, words were said, and victims of my love and appreciation have fortunately survived :). In light of your comment, now I re-think if it could be better if I succeed in being silent? May be.

Just wished to say, if we are indifferent, does not necessarily mean that we are silent before banality, because we can just leave up to time to make the other to think twice.

Thanks for rising up level of thinking emulsion in my brain :)). This is my SINGING SATURDAY, broken by one smart, nicely written ALP Aha :).

Enjoy your Saturday and each your Aha moment. And do not forget to share it :)

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/9/2013 8:26:44 PM
Thanks Myrna and yes sometimes we say things that should not have been said and yes we need to understand that being human ( not an excuse) we will make mistakes, if we learn from them and move forward, then this is good :-)

This issue really is not talking because we have become indifferent to what is going on around us..because have stopped caring for whatever reason and that I find is not acceptable.

Case in point...Adlandpro... for years, people or rather I will say some people stopped caring about this community for many reasons..the end result was that the silence of indifference created a stagnation and it was a thunderous silence ..but look at it now - because people have spoken up, because people are caring..look at what is happening.. this community, this home for many people is coming alive and great things are happening. Indifference causes problems...talking, sharing and being vocal ( politely of course) creates change and its up to us to understand that and do something.. AHA!

Quote:
Hi Diane and Branka,

I like this aha moment. I so agree we need to speak up and tell what we think. If however we ever offend anyone, we also need to go to them for forgiveness and get the issue settled asap.
I think Branka it goes back to everything" happens for a reason". There was a reason things were said and done. Sometimes we never know what the reason was, but it served the purpose. So forgive yourself and move on.

I hope you understand what I am saying, because this really goes with love. Love for to make things better, love for caring, love for one another. Like Jill said Love is the answer. AND she is right
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!