Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Barb Doyle

1469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Where lots of the problems start.
3/5/2013 1:08:24 AM

Hello,

Many of our problems can be traced back to the
government getting involved with education. There
has been an intentional dumbing down of people.
Below is a good example of the sorry state of public
education. With anything Christian you always hear
an outcry of separation of church and state.

Lumberton ISD (Texas) Students Told to Wear Muslim Burqas in CSCOPE High School Lesson
David Bellow
Texas Conservative Republican News
Feb 25, 2013

Wow, I don’t even know what to say. I just read a news story by John Griffing on WND.com about my very own Hometown High School in Lumberton, TX (Lumberton ISD) making students wear Muslim Burqas as part of a History class this past week. (picture displayed below is from a Lumberton Student taken when they had to wear Burqas in class)

Update: After I wrote this article I was contacted by a Lumberton resident with a student in this class, she said this Burqa incident was part of the regular CSCOPE lesson taught to the students and not just some extra curricular activity or student led project. The students were not forced to wear the Burqas, but the Burqas were there as part of the lesson and students were encouraged to try them on. That being said, it was confirmed that everything else being reported as happening in this Lumberton class are true, including the students were taught not to call a terrorist a terrorist and instead call them freedom fighters. This is outrageous!

Earlier this Month (February 2013), BEFORE this Burqa lesson was ever taught, I first learned that Lumberton ISD uses CSCOPE and I wrote this article:Lumberton ISD uses Liberal CSCOPE that teaches Allah is God and Boston Tea Party was Terrorism like 9/11

Right after I wrote that article, I went to the Lumberton School Board meeting and spoke to the School Board at the beginning of the meeting. I explained to the school board the problems with CSCOPE and asked them, at least, to have a hearing about CSCOPE and whether or not it should still be used at Lumberton ISD. The school board members did seem concerned and asked the Superintendent questions about CSCOPE. The Superintendent, John Valastro, assured the Board that the CSCOPE program was not used very much and they had not run into any issues with bad lessons getting taught by teacher.

Not even a month after I was assured at the LISD School Board meeting that there were no CSCOPE lesson problems at Lumberton ISD, I get emailed this article from WND with a picture of Lumberton ISD students in Burqas with quotes from students saying they were even told by the teacher that “we are going to change your perception about Islam” and the teacher in the Burqa lesson, according to a student, also said, “I do not necessarily agree with this, but I am supposed to teach you that we are not to call these people terrorists anymore, but freedom fighters.”

The lesson teaches that Burqas are just an alternative dress style that Muslims wear when in reality, women in Muslim countries are oppressed and FORCED to wear these Burqas or face even possibly death. At the end of class, the students were assigned to write a paper about Egypt. According to one student, they were instructed to discuss “how Egypt was a good country until democracy took over, and that things were finally corrected when the Muslim brotherhood came into power.”

I believe Mr. Valastro and do not think he or the School Board deceived me. I do think they probably being deceived though. I do believe there have been bad lessons that have not been brought to his attention and I believe some teachers use, and are even forced to use, CSCOPE lessons on a regular basis instead of just minimally. That is the problem with CSCOPE though. There is no transparency! Everything is online and there are thousands of lessons that teachers can pick to use without even having to get it approved. Some of these lessons ARE bad lessons. Even the Superintendent and the school board did not know about what was going on with CSCOPE at LISD. Hopefully, now that this Burqa incident has happened and will be on the news all across America, there will be some action taken regarding CSCOPE being taught at Lumberton ISD. Yes there are legislative fixes that should be coming this year, but until then, Lumberton ISD should really consider having a hearing or something to discuss CSCOPE being used at LISD and whether or not it should even be used anymore until the problems get fixed.

Peace, Health and Prosperity,
Barb Doyle, Sc.

You have a choice. You can stay in your rut and complain. You can look back
on your life with regrets. OR You can get started with us. You can commit to doing
what it takes to succeed. You can give it your all and feel proud. You can know
that you deserve to have the best that life has to offer and you will not be denied.
You can eliminate the words "try" and "quit" from your vocabulary. A great
opportunity is far better than any job. One of the most risky things you can do is
to work for someone else. The choice is yours.
http://empower.thisworks.biz

+1
RE: Where lots of the problems start.
3/7/2013 1:31:50 AM
I would never have thought this would be taught in our schools. The department of Education needs to be dismantled.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!