Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
How heavy is this glass of water?
3/2/2013 4:14:40 PM
Life Lesson on Stress Management

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: “How heavy is this glass of water?”

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, “The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.” She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.”

It’s important to remember to let go of your stresses. As early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down!

source: http://fearfullittleloverr.tumblr.com/post/43279716895/a-psychologist-walked-around-a-room-while-teachingLife lesson|Adlandpro discussion
+0
RE: How heavy is this glass of water?
3/20/2013 1:58:23 PM
In this day and age everything is so fast and moving along faster everyday. Everyone should use this advice and take advantage of free time. To let go of my stresses for the day I like the enjoy some good television shows. Everyone has their own ways of relieving stress or putting down their glass so to speak lol. This is a very interesting thread great post!
I enjoy talking with people that are interested in working together and communicating with others. If you are interested in chatting or joining a friendly team of people the best way to reach me is through Skype or Twitter. Skype Name: HRJustinPTC http://twitter.com/HRJustinPTC
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: How heavy is this glass of water?
3/20/2013 3:10:32 PM
Good morning Justin and today is the first day of spring...yay!
Everyone has their way of relieving stress..the trick is to be aware and not get into overload to begin with ( saying this to myself by the way...lol)
We all need to put some time into taking care of "us" as much as we take care of our work or our family... which shows do you enjoy?

Quote:
In this day and age everything is so fast and moving along faster everyday. Everyone should use this advice and take advantage of free time. To let go of my stresses for the day I like the enjoy some good television shows. Everyone has their own ways of relieving stress or putting down their glass so to speak lol. This is a very interesting thread great post!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!