Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Don't Ride Piggyback on your Friends
1/12/2006 8:21:04 PM
Hello everyone, I just had to delete a forum that was quite popular here on Adlandpro. (It had one of those little stars beside it.) :) I had to delete it because so many people were riding piggyback on my forum, rather than posting their own. All of the piggyback threads were advertising products that I don't personally endorse, not necessarily because I think they're not good, but because I have not personally tested them. I do not like to delete posts from fellow members and friends here at Adlandpro, but people must understand that if they create a thread on MY forum, it looks like I'm endorsing their product or program. If you're having trouble getting your message out, PLEASE, do not simply attach it to someone else's forum! Instead, email me through my profile page and ask for help! I would LOVE to help you!! :) Also, you can ask many of the people here in our Adlandpro family for help and they will probably be glad to help you! You can easily develop a wide circle of friends here at Adlandpro. Most people love to be invited to be your friend! All you have to do is visit forums that interest you, find people with similar interests to you, visit their profile, and invite them to be friends! Most people will accept your invitation! Then, when you create your own forum, they will be happy to visit to see what their friend is doing! It's a lot of fun, and it's easy! Once again, if you need any help, contact me via my profile page. It would be my sincere pleasure to help you. God bless, Dave
+0
Lola Vanslette

87 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Don't Ride Piggyback on your Friends
1/12/2006 9:30:15 PM
Hello Dave, If you are referring to people adding a new thread on your forum, I feel the same way. I didn't know I could delete it from there. I don't appreciate when I am giving information that can help others, and find another topic that is totally unrelated advertising something I know nothing about. I don't know if this is what you were talking about, because I get people who are also posting on the actual forum with just an advertisement and nothing else, like they are just there to promote, and have no interest in what you have to say. Good luck in getting this under control. Your friend, Lola A
+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/12/2006 9:51:49 PM
Hi Dave, I agree totally! I have not become victim to that type of thing very much, but I know what you are saying. I usually post a thread and after it stops receiving replies, I leave it up for about a week longer and delete it. Usually, my threads stay up about a week. That tells you that I don't get many replies. I guess that means there aren't that many interested in what I have to say. Oh well... Peace, Leon
+0
Donna Lira

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/12/2006 11:31:20 PM
Hi Dave, I am in total agreement with you on this one. There are many friendly people in our community that are willing to lend a helping hand to anyone with just the asking. There is no need to piggy back on someone else's forum. As you say, it is not like you do not believe in the product or business, it is just that this is your forum and one should have RESPECT for each individuals forum. MAKE UP YOUR OWN FORUMS for your own purpose. Hope people will learn from your experience and from this forum that you have posted. Your friend Donna aka texgirl
+0
Janise Collins

369 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/12/2006 11:37:27 PM
Dave, I agree with everything you have stated here, but more so than that I think it is an AdLandPro rule its a "no..no". You can ask Bogdan or Beverly or someone perhaps whose been in AdLandPro a while. Does someone know for sure I think this is against the policy. Be blessed in 2006' Your friend, Classic Corners www.classicwebstore.com
Hope to meet you soon! Regards, Classic Corners http://www.classicwebstore.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!