Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Posting Images| My way of doing it
2/11/2013 8:00:25 PM
I had noted that Bogdan had done a blog post titled
Showing Marketers( and everyone else) how to not plagiarize which talked about stealing another persons work...how many of you think of images when it comes to stealing or plagiarizing?

It can be quite difficult to know the rules especially when it comes to images and I have seen and heard of people being reprimanded and worse when they do such actions.

We all have the habit of going to Google search or Google images to find cool images, without really understanding that you could get into big trouble!

What I do and passing it on, is I will find an image and do two things.

1. I will drop the image into a Google image search to see if this is a unique image or has it been put on other sites. By doing this I can see if this is an image that "might" be safe to use

2.I then take that same image and use TinEye, which is a reverse image search engine and again I can see if the image I want to use has been modified, where it has been put ( sites or blogs) and I find where the image was originally used.

There are those times, when I can find an image and just use it ( no attribution), but I always put in an alt text to make that image more sticky to the post or forum I am posting in. There are times when I see an image that I will link via words to the post or forum I am doing. When I title it, I make sure to attribute to the author of the site or post within the image and I link that image to the place where I got it. As always I use the alt tags in a way to show what I am saying but being sure to state where I got the image from.

Doing these simple steps will keep you out of trouble!

What do you do when posting images?
+3
Ken
Ken Wolff

1889 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Posting Images| My way of doing it
2/11/2013 8:34:03 PM
Thank you for the detailed steps Diane. I have for the most part done things like that but not using the tools you introduced "...Google image search...and...TinEye..." I will give that a try. I love using images in messages and have stayed out of trouble so far.

You have seen my
Capture Image Thread!...in the How 2 of AdLand Pro12.

I will have to go there and make sure it is all safe and quote your valuable guidelines there.

Please let me know if you see anything I have posted anywhere that I should take another look at.

Ken
Ken Wolff
wolff2001@gmail.com
916-704-9238

The Soaring Eagle Team
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/11/2013 8:41:56 PM
Quote:
Thank you for the detailed steps Diane. I have for the most part done things like that but not using the tools you introduced "...Google image search...and...TinEye..." I will give that a try. I love using images in messages and have stayed out of trouble so far.

You have seen my
Capture Image Thread!...in the How 2 of AdLand Pro12.

I will have to go there and make sure it is all safe and quote your valuable guidelines there.

Please let me know if you see anything I have posted anywhere that I should take another look at.

Ken

lol, I wrote this so fast ( a no no) that I was not sure if I was clear enough. The main point is to be very very careful when posting images no matter where you put them, the last thing anyone needs is a lawsuit and yes it has been known to happen!

pssst I will keep an eye....lol
+1
3/13/2013 11:22:26 PM
I use a Free app. called Jing, great tool for capturing and sending info. like stats from Alexa. It works very well when i want to compare my business to other businesses !
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/14/2013 2:01:15 AM
Hi Ival, Jing is a great tool and going to put the URL in here, in case anyone is interested
Jing and I will also put in the link for the tutorials Jing Tutorials.

I think I use Awesome screenshot because it is so easy to use and resides on my Chrome browser :-)

Thanks for coming in and letting us know about the Jing tool

Diane
Quote:
I use a Free app. called Jing, great tool for capturing and sending info. like stats from Alexa. It works very well when i want to compare my business to other businesses !
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!