Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Using Google Search to Create Content
2/4/2013 6:15:50 PM
I was talking to a friend the other day about how to write a post to people about #Adlandpro in a way that would be unique, interesting and with a "no sales" approach.

As many of you know Or should know by now, when it comes to blogging or anything to do with social media, people are not into sales and yet if you are promoting something, then you need to learn how to market in a way that will provide quality and having your own voice.

I started off by asking him to write down how he saw #Adlandpro and here are a few words he used:

social browsing
traffic exchange
friends
social interaction
social networking

( by the way this is the very thing I was talking about when finding a USP for a business :-)

I then took the phrase "social networking" and dug down to see where that would lead. How did I do that? Without going into an in depth keyword search, I decided to go a bit easy and find out how "real" people are searching about social networking and here is how I did that. If you look at the image below ( did a screen shot) I typed in the words social networking and if you will see the phrases below, this is what Google is seeing people search for on that term ( this can be done with any word or phrase btw)

Social network Google Search.png

I decided to use the phrase " social network definition" ( which unfortunately I could not capture - dang!) as that is what people are looking to get an answer on and then typed that phrase into Google Search and did some reading of the different explanations and came across a video that was (to me) ideal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I then formed a post and it went like this ( Example post)

"Title: What is Social Networking and what does that mean for Adlandpro

I have noticed a lot of people wanting to know the definition of social networking and for many there seems to be a lot of confusion or not understanding. Is it a bird a plane..what the heck is it?

There have been times when I couldn't figure it out until I saw this video from Common Craft which gave me my AHA moment and decided that sharing with you would help you also understand ( you can thank me later...lol)

In other words - Social networking = people and connecting!

While we all connect on the big places of Facebook G+ and maybe Twitter, I have to say that my best connecting has been done on Adlandpro ( put in your affiliate link). No its not the biggest place on the web, but I have to say that it is a community where I have built the best connections with people from around the world and even locally to where I live and to me that is awesome!

What are some of the advantages to social networking on #Adlandpro at least from my point of view?
1. I have made some very good friends that I would love to meet one day
2. Because I am in business, I can share what I do with others who are open minded and want to talk about marketing and business
3. If I have any problems, the customer support is attentive and will actually do something ( Facebook, Twitter and G+ can be a real headache)
4. Because Adlandpro has its own affiliate program, you can leverage extra income

Personally You could not pay me to leave #Adlandpro and that is my personal feeling!

BTW and in the interests of being totally transparent, the link you see here is my affiliate link. The great thing is you can join for free..socialize and I will be there to help you another benefit to social networking... #justsaying

-----------------------------------------------
With this example post what did I do?
- I provided information that people were looking for
- I showed that I was credible in saying that this was my affiliate link
- I gave reasons why I liked this community from my own viewpoint
- I took some of the USP points that I had thought about earlier and made a dialogue to people

Did I sell anything? Only you can decide!

P.S Thanks to Ken Wolff who was the friend I had been talking to about this process and I hope it gives everyone some ideas on how to create content for anything you are doing including talking about Adlandpro

-

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Using Google Search to Create Content
2/4/2013 7:08:13 PM

A great way to analyze the subject.

Very helpful.

Roger

+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/4/2013 7:15:26 PM
Thank you Roger, that means a lot to me. I just want to help people in a meaningful way to give them the best chance to succeed at what they are doing. I made every effort to keep this as simple as possible, but at times I know I can get goobled ( ha ha) on my wording
Ty Again and have an awesome day
Diane

Quote:

Very helpful.

Roger

+1
Ken
Ken Wolff

1889 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/4/2013 7:49:07 PM
Thank you Diane!

I knew before you told us who that friend was.

Yes we have become great friends here in Adlandpro. I too have met a lot of good friends here and you could not pay me to leave either. LOL

I am in the process of changing a lot of the ways I have been interacting with people especially on the big social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Google + (new to this one), Adlandpro and others. Thank you for sharing your knowledge about these things. I hope others will realize how valuable your guidance and suggestions are.

Your good friend,

Ken

Quote:
Thank you Roger, that means a lot to me. I just want to help people in a meaningful way to give them the best chance to succeed at what they are doing. I made every effort to keep this as simple as possible, but at times I know I can get goobled ( ha ha) on my wording
Ty Again and have an awesome day
Diane

Quote:

Very helpful.

Roger

Ken Wolff
wolff2001@gmail.com
916-704-9238

The Soaring Eagle Team
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/4/2013 7:59:26 PM
I wondered where you were Ken lol, I see that you are starting to interact on Twitter which is very cool ( keeping an eye on you...lol)
Social media is an incredible way to share and yes when used for business, then it is very effective, but you have to do it right. There are no shortcuts and to me that is ok as long as you learn how to manage your time, organize what you are doing and how you are doing things.

When you talk to people like you and I are doing right now, I think you will find your efforts paying off in a more productive way. While Social media has the aspect of the number game, what you will find it is the one on one that will truly get you moving forward.

Have a great day and keep asking questions..never stop!

Diane
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!