Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
A Christmas Carol to share| Which Version do You Like?
12/5/2012 9:40:35 PM
I am also a fan of the Christmas Carol " The Little Drummer Boy

Everyone has their own favorite Christmas Carol , mine happens to be "The Little Drummer boy" or as it was originally called "The Carol of the Drum"

A little history of this wonderful song:

"" It was written by the American classical music composer and teacher Katherine Kennicott Davis in 1941. It was recorded in 1955 by the "Trapp Family Singers"and further popularized by a 1958 recording by the Harry Simeone Chorale. This version was re-released successfully for several years and the song has been recorded many times since.
In the lyrics the singer relates how, as a poor young boy, he was summoned by the Magi to the nativity where, without a gift for the infant Jesus, he played his drum with the Virgin Mary's approval, remembering "I played my best for Him" and "He smiled at me".""

There has been no doubt that many people have recorded this song, but I have often wondered at which is the best version?

The Little Drummer Boy (Perfect Version) ( some say this is the perfect version and done by The Harry Simeone Chorale)

Bing Crosby & David Bowie - The Little Drummer Boy / Peace On Earth ( Bing Crosby and David Bowie. This version is a mix of two songs "The Little Drummer Boy / Peace On Earth" and I have to say I love hearing these two men together)

Boney M. - Little Drummer Boy ( Bony M. created this version in 1981 and has a differnt style and is more upbeat?)

Vienna Boys Choir "Little Drummer Boy" ( The Vienna Boys choir...I close my eyes and picture that little child with his drum!)

Faith Hill - Little Drummer Boy ( a great version by Faith Hill, but have to say it was the choir that impressed me the most)

Justin Bieber - Drummer Boy (Audio) ft. Busta Rhymes ( um I guess I had to put in one from Justin Bieber for any fan out there...lol....oh dear!)

Resource: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Drummer_Boy

** I don't normally cross post things I write, but this time is an exception...I wanted to share!

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Christmas Carol to share| Which Version do You Like?
12/6/2012 4:57:51 PM
Hi Diane,

I just listen to most of these now, I have heard all of them at one time or another. I like the Boney M one the best. Yes the choirs are good, but this one is done very well. I like the little boy and the drum. Makes sense to me.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2012 9:19:39 PM
Hi Myrna, for some reason I missed your comment, but the good news is I see it now...lol

I was thinking about it last night, in actuality there are some Christmas carols or songs that have meaning for me, songs that represented different times of my life ( my past story), this being one of them.

I'm glad that we are agreed as to the version of this one song.... nice to know I am not alone in my thoughts....

Have a great day

Diane
+0
12/7/2012 6:43:14 AM
Hello Diane Myrna All

Two of my favorite Christmas video's

Deck the Halls with Macro Follies

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/7/2012 3:18:32 PM
Good morning Michael and what a lovely way to get up this morning! I have to ask...what are you drinking...tea or coffee in that very large and wonderful looking cup....lol?

Yep it sure is getting time for Christmas...la la la and your selections of music are simply wonderful!

Here is an oldie but goodie.....

Have a great day!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!