Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
I am a Social Media "Tool" Addict!
12/1/2012 3:15:35 PM
It has been a joke or a groan among many women about their partners having a basement or a garage full of tools ..all tools - any tools and like Kids the menfolk drool and play for hours and days with these wonderful gadgets...

BUT

ALAS

the tools start collecting dust, they are put away never to be seen again unless there is a frantic cry of...where the heck did I put that tool!

SIGH

Women now and lets be fair, also collect different kinds of tools, it could be wool for knitting, collectibles or the latest gadget for the kitchen and other very cool things...

BUT

ALAS

the wool ends up being put in a corner somewhere, the collectible take over the home and that wonderful kitchen gadget ends up being more of a nuisance, takes up space and we quietly put them out of the way, never to be seen again

SIGH

I collect tools online... on a bad day my compulsion for tools will lead me to such places as the Chrome Store, Firefox addons where I can sit for long periods of time and drool and go...I NEED THAT and then there are those nifty tools I see others using or talking about on the different blogs, the different tweets or statuses and I go... drool... I WANT IT...

BUT

ALAS

I now have so many tools, that many are sitting on my hard drive, collecting virtual dust, never to be seen again.. I literally can't find the dang things

SIGH

Lesson to be learned...Make a point of knowing what tools you have, get rid of the ones that are not working for you and try hard not to fall into the trap of getting the latest gizmo gadget tool just because it is a TOOL!

Bonus: Gulp.... did I just write that above? Well the good news is that I have (for the most part) cleaned up my tool collection ( still hunting for some)...it was hard to do, but my computer not to mention my addiction to collecting tools is a bit more manageable collection - yay!

Here are a few of the tools that I am finding are the most useful:

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!