Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Adlandpro| Creating a Social Media Marketing Schedule
11/29/2012 1:29:56 AM
When I first started realizing that social media was the way to go in developing relationships, I have to be honest I was all over the place and not understanding the reasons why people did as they did and then it became a question of understanding the process where people could be seemingly everywhere all at one time with content that to me was amazing, interesting, diverse and just fun.

I knew there were applications that people could use and I knew there were all these people who kept talking about ..do this or do that and you would be an expert, but to be honest, most of those people were spouting the same message over and over again and it had me going CRAZY! It was a difficult time for me and I did not know who to listen to and I didn't know what to believe. I decided to step back and just read and watch people on Twitter, Facebook, read different thought leader blogs and over time I built a list of people ( still growing btw.) that I now read and watch and that has been a way for me to grow in the field of social media.

Over time I realized that what the most influential people, the smart people ..the leaders were doing was something that we all do ( most of us) in our daily lives and that was being organized, but like baking a cake, there was a focus and a method to the way they were doing things...in short they had created a social media marketing schedule and it works!

I could try to reinvent the wheel and go into a lengthy post telling the process of "how to create a social media plan", but this post by John D. Leavy, pretty much covers all the territory I would have.

As he said and said it well by the way.. your daily social networking to do list is going to be different from the one that he has laid out, but I think if you see what he is doing you will get the main concept and idea of how do things in a more productive and in the end successful manner...

Social-Media-Content-Calendar.png

Bonus: Hopefully you have read the article that I have shown you because it contains valuable insights to those who are serious about Social Media Marketing. With all the things that one has to do, the key tip is to stay organized. What I have found is that by using an application, whether it be on paper or something online, keeping yourself on task, can actually free your time to get on with other things that a busy person always needs to do. Personally I use Google Calenders to help me with my schedules, it is free and I like it because I can set reminders to help me manage my time
There are other applications that you can use such as this one Free Social Media Calender, which looks pretty interesting. It is designed in Excel, so easy to use and it would seem to be a very interesting tool. The only thing that you are asked to do is to pay with a tweet and you can edit the text to whatever you want. For those of you who are in business, I would strongly suggest that you read about the "Pay with a tweet" application that is talked about in comments on the site... what an interesting idea?

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Creating a Social Media Marketing Schedule
11/29/2012 2:21:12 AM
 Hi Diane , Please excuse my train today lol But what social media is to me is an open box of goodies to me, not only you can communicate to your friends but to your clients as well depending on what you have, applications are very constructive for you such as blogs and other networks like facebook and twitter , new networks are being utilized as well. Texts can be use from your twitter account to sell you things or communicate to where you should go for a promo app for a discount. The social media is like an outdoor affair in a box,except without shaking hands lol. Thank You Diane :) Peace !
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Creating a Social Media Marketing Schedule
11/29/2012 2:30:46 AM
Great thoughts Thomas.... thanks for sharing and yay here you are!

Going to stay a while and chill? whoo hoo....lol
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!