Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The Surrealist Phenomenon - SALVADOR DALI
2/2/2013 5:36:24 AM

10_1_136.gifThank you Diane,

I know that Miguel said that neither of the I've Got a Secret ones showed either. I just hope tha Miguel doesn't mind the videos because they show that Salvadore was a likeable person and able to joke. When we look at the different styles of painting that he created, you tend to feel that he had different personalities coursing through his veins, however the videos show a likeable person that you would like to get to know. As I had mentione earlier, I knew about What's my Line and I've got a Secret and by watching those shows I remembered where I had heard the name before and seen the face. This one that did show was the one that I was hoping would come up, especially with the cat whiskers. Also, as Miguel puts up more pictures I can almost see Salvadore twirling his moustache or thinking of throwing in anunexpected character in his paintings.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+2
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/2/2013 6:43:10 AM
An #Adlandpro version of a retweet...hmm wonder if we could coin a new word...lol ...Oh I know ..I will "like" this comment...ya!

Quote:

10_1_136.gifThank you Diane,

I know that Miguel said that neither of the I've Got a Secret ones showed either. I just hope tha Miguel doesn't mind the videos because they show that Salvadore was a likeable person and able to joke. When we look at the different styles of painting that he created, you tend to feel that he had different personalities coursing through his veins, however the videos show a likeable person that you would like to get to know. As I had mentione earlier, I knew about What's my Line and I've got a Secret and by watching those shows I remembered where I had heard the name before and seen the face. This one that did show was the one that I was hoping would come up, especially with the cat whiskers. Also, as Miguel puts up more pictures I can almost see Salvadore twirling his moustache or thinking of throwing in anunexpected character in his paintings.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/3/2013 3:46:30 AM

Dear friends, three extraordinary drawings by Salvador Dali selected, a little by chance, from those made in the 1940s - 1950s.

Salvador Dali - Study for "Galarina" (pencil on paper, 1943)

Salvador Dali - Study for head of "Madonna of Port Lligat"
(ink with sanguine wash, 1950)

Salvador Dali - Gala Placida (ink and pastel on paper, 1952)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/3/2013 9:47:10 AM

These are so beautiful in their own ways.

Dali was a show-off but not just for the sake of it.

By experimenting with styles he created altered copies of other artist's works, he created modern works with modern materials and he saw, like all good artists, opportunities to create a moment or personal event instantly.

Like most artists or indeed aspiring artists like myself, Dali liked people to notice his work. he didn't really care if they liked the work as long as they had an opinion. if somebody says that they like my work then I'm delighted, if they say that they dislike it I don't defend it, BUT, I try to explain why it is like it is and then accept their opinion. Sometimes people say that they like a painting that I'm not happy with, then tell me why.

All of these things are part of being an artist.

Firstly, a personal need to produce an image or to capture one, or even try to copy one.

Secondly, a desire to achieve a particular standard which you are happy with (or if it's a comission then the client).

A desire to experiment.

A desire to please (yourself, others or both).

A pride in work well done or a lesson learned.

I could go on, but, even Dali would have felt these things but a big difference was that he had developed an arrogance that told him that whatever others said it was good. This sets him aside from most of the other great artists.

I think that this mural is special.

Roger

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/3/2013 11:50:33 PM

Hi Miguel and Roger,

I agree with you Roger, I like this mural as well... Special indeed ;-)

Quote:

I think that this mural is special.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!