Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The Surrealist Phenomenon - SALVADOR DALI
1/18/2013 2:06:10 AM

Two candid paintings here bringing a welcome breeze to this thread

Salvador Dali - Portrait of a Child (unfinished) (oil on canvas, 1951)

Salvador Dali - Untitled ("Still Life with Lilies") (oil on canvas, 1963)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/18/2013 2:16:57 AM
Another Dali's leit motiv: the religious theme

Salvador Dali - Nuclear Cross (oil on canvas, 1952)

Salvador Dali - St. Peter's in Rome (Explosion of Mystical Faith in the Midst of a Cathedral)
(
oil on canvas, 1960)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/18/2013 9:15:26 AM

Miguel,

The child portrait I have always found a little wooden somehow. It is such a strange mixture of srreal and the naturalistic. I don't dislike it but I am not very happy with it either.

The still life is wonderful. The palette is muted but the overall effect is so beautifully balanced and observed. As usual, Dali manages once again to include a desolate but interesting landscape in the background as well. I hadn't really looked at this painting before and it is worth the inspection.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/18/2013 9:23:58 AM
Quote:
Another Dali's leit motiv: the religious theme

Salvador Dali - Nuclear Cross (oil on canvas, 1952)

Salvador Dali - St. Peter's in Rome (Explosion of Mystical Faith in the Midst of a Cathedral)
(
oil on canvas,
1960)

What wonderful images again here.

The first one is a wonderful mixture of observation and imagination with his favourite nuclear theme.

The second is alike, a wonderful painting of the location and the wonderful imagined religious image. The colours of the palette are well chosen and beautiful. I could happily own that painting.

Roger

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/20/2013 1:04:40 AM
Roger,

You are so right about the still life; as soon as I saw it I promised myself to post it whenever possible, so impressed was I by it. I also noticed the background (but after a while) and how it impresses the observer, plus how wonderfully it balances the painting yet in the most subtle way. The case of the child is different in that I only saw its formal, immaculate aspect but otherwise missed the lack of expression. Now I believe it likely that that was the cause that Dali left it unfinished.

Quote:

Miguel,

The child portrait I have always found a little wooden somehow. It is such a strange mixture of srreal and the naturalistic. I don't dislike it but I am not very happy with it either.

The still life is wonderful. The palette is muted but the overall effect is so beautifully balanced and observed. As usual, Dali manages once again to include a desolate but interesting landscape in the background as well. I hadn't really looked at this painting before and it is worth the inspection.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!