Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
If you had to ask one question about God and the Bible what would it be?
10/26/2012 3:39:22 PM
I don't have the answers to all things but after 32 years of Biblical study and service I may have an answer you may have been looking for, something that may encourage you and put a smile on your face, and if I don't have the answer I may be able to put you in touch with a person who will have the answer. I love to share the knowledge I have gained from awesome teachers and from the Word of God itself, watching peoples lives change as they begin to know Jesus brings me great joy!!
Life, Love and Laughter! May you be blessed with an abundance of it all!
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: If you had to ask one question about God and the Bible what would it be?
10/26/2012 3:49:04 PM
Hi Lois,

In today's world, some parts of the Bible may cause issues for women, such as in the book of Timothy, where it states women are to serve men, because woman is made from man. Man is made from God and woman is made from man. It also states that women should not have authority over men, and should not teach men.

My question is, if a woman is the only person available to teach a man something he wants or needs to learn, then what? Is he not to learn it, or is he just to observe until he somehow learns it himself without the woman teaching him directly?

Literal translations of the Bible in today's world?
+0
10/26/2012 5:32:59 PM

Excellent Question!!

When we set about to get a proper Biblical answer there ae some things we must remember when rightly dividing the word of God.

First answer the questions:

Who wrote the book?

Who was the book written to?

What is the time frame of the Book?

Is there anywhere else in the Bible where is topic is covered?

In this example in I Tim, we have the Apostle Paul teaching a younger preacher, Tmothy, about "Church" governement and authority; meaning this is reserved for the Biblical church.

Lets look at other scriptures about the same topic:

I Cor 11 also is about authority but it says that a womans long hair is given to her for WHEN she prays or prophecies - prophecying there means preaching.

So now you have "in the church" women - preaching.

As to teaching - it was the womans ROLE to teach the children and the seniour ladies to teach the younger women.

Another note Jesus appeared to over 500 after his resurrection and on the day of Pentecost there were women in the upper room who had received the great commision as well as the men.

Also Jesus set women free from being a "second class citizen", this whole topic of subserviant/submission is usually taught by a man who is abusive and not from a true biblical perspective.

So to answer your question ...

If the man is not in the Biblical Church of Jesus Christ - I have a commandment to preach to him the gospel of Christ. If he asks me a question I will answer it. If I can I will share my testimony and if I am called on to preach the Word (either in the church or out) I will.

If the man is in the Biblical Church of Jesus Christ - I will share a testimony or truth or if I have the authority given to me by my husband and pastor I will preach and teach as the Lord leads, as long as I remain under that protective umbrella of spiritual authority I'm free.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is
neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Gal 3:28

I hope this helps this is just a quick answer to a huge question for women - the bottom line is that Satan has managed to quench 1/2 of the voice of the Christian church by misguided teachings.

God Bless,

Lois

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/26/2012 7:53:02 PM
Thanks, Lois,

I also hope more young people get interested in reading/studying the Bible, because so many people have read popular book series' over the past 10 years, and adding up all the pages in Harry Potter, for example, is about 5,000 pages and most Bibles are around 2,000 pages or less, and if young people would read it and study it as the "prophecy of humankind" that may make it more interesting or more of a motivational cool expression for them to take a closer look.

You're right about the work of Satan being all around, even when we don't realize it, he has people doing his work for him all the time, trying to make us feel unworthy when actually we are ALL worthy, ALL the time, we were all born with the gift of faith, and we have all the skills and words we need to bring people closer to God with immediacy and accuracy, absolutely unswayable, the same way we have the skills and words we need to accomplish all our other goals when we want to. Even people who don't think they have faith, have faith, and it's our duty as Christians to share that gift and remind others they always have that gift, to share the warmth of the spirit of God with those who are cold in spirit, just like we wouldn't allow a friend to be physically cold if we had clothing to share, we have it within us at all times to share faith in God, sometimes it only takes one sentence, in a regular conversation, and the other person may want to hear more, it creates a spark of interest for those who are searching for more in their life.

I read in a Bible study magazine recently, God has no compulsions, so if we want to be closer to God, we need to drop our compulsions of bad habits.
+0
10/27/2012 3:39:01 PM

Kathleen,

It is wonderful to meet and greet those of like precious faith.

I really agree about your statements on faith, each one of us has been given a measure of faith and where we choose to place that faith is so important to each of us.

Right now there is a deep hunger in young and old alike for something stable and solid, since I was on Adland before we have been using the broadcaster from MVT to teach powerful messages on the Word of God, the format is excellent.

Please feel free to enjoy them yourself and pass the links on to friends I can't recommend them enough and I am really love the teacher, he is my son. :-)

There are beginner studies, intermediate and advanced Bible school level studies.

Enjoy, Lois

Just click on my website and it will lead you to them.

Note: theJesusnameproject is now a .com site. I lost the ,org site when I was so ill.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!