Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
See Yourself Well - Author unknown
1/9/2006 10:37:09 AM
SEE YOURSELF WELL Self-image and self-concept are the keys to success! How you view yourself and your role are the basis for everything you do in the world. Add in self-esteem, your level of confidence and satisfaction in yourself, and you have the triple crown! Your self-image sets the boundaries for your level of accomplishment. It defines what you can and cannot do, what you will and will not do, every day. A positive, realistic self-image is the foundation. Your brain and nervous system operate purposefully to accomplish your goals. There are many ways to enhance this process. Improving your self--image is first! You have a mental "blueprint" of yourself. It is built up from your own beliefs about yourself, many of which have been unconsciously formed from your past experiences, your successes and failures, your triumphs and tribulations, and, from the way other peoples have reacted to you, especially in your formative years. Most of your actions, feelings, and, even your abilities, will be consistent with your self-image. You will act like the person you see yourself as being. Your self-image is the foundation upon which you base your personality, your behavior and your circumstances. Because of this your experiences seem to verify, and thereby strengthen, your self-image and a vicious, or a beneficial, cycle is in motion. Your self-image can be changed. Your sub-conscious mind is goal-striving in nature. It serves you by making every effort to fulfill your self-image--the way you see yourself and your roles in the world. You are in charge! Take a few moments to reflect upon your true, current self-image. If it is a little tarnished in some places, decide to view yourself in a more positive, successful light. ALWAYS REMEMBER----WHAT YOU PAY ATTENTION TO EXPANDS!
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: See Yourself Well - Author unknown
1/9/2006 11:29:00 AM
============================================ ALWAYS REMEMBER----WHAT YOU PAY ATTENTION TO EXPANDS! ============================================ Oh, so that's what's been happening to my waistline! (Joke) No, seriously, this is so true. You can prove it to yourself by making a decision to be more... exciting, attractive, daring, adventurous, professional, you name it. Once you commit to the decision, you will find yourself making choices that result in those outcomes. And what a self-esteem builder it is to have people noticing and commenting favorably! It's an upward spiral. Try it, you'll like it! Cheri
+0
1/9/2006 12:27:55 PM
I like the idea of winning the "Triple Crown"!
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/9/2006 1:02:54 PM
Very Good. I think usually I have a good self image,but a person's little compliment or critic comment can affect that... Linda http://www.helen.wholefoodfarmacy.com Enroll FREE with personalized website, under Helen,my downline, and my next recruit will go under you
+0
Jack Sunshine

5397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
1/9/2006 1:04:23 PM
ITS very true Tim....... A WISE MAN once said there are two kinds of people in this world, the dreamers and the achivers I think you are the second kind. http://www.sunshinejewelry.com
Sunshine Jewelry www.sunshinejewelry.com Trivita http://www.trivita.com/13941842
+0